Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
MX-30 GT Sport Tech in Machine Grey Metallic (on order)
103 Posts
Agreed. My car software was updated yesterday (solution to 12V battery losing charge if car doesn't switch off e.g. is doors not locked). Car started charging at 00:30 today. At 1:30 (foolishly) I did a request on the app to check on the progress of the charge. Seconds later the alarm went off. Didn't get a full diagnosis as I clicked on my remote key to stop the alarm as it was so late. MyMazda app software version is 8.1.0 (latest version I believe) and I'm using an android phone.
Ok I've read this thread; In summary, if you check the car status (possibly only when the car is charging, so this needs to be checked) with the android app, it causes the alarm to activate (without flashing lights).
Has anyone tried to repeat this with the iPhone App? If the same thing occurs then we can narrow it down to a software problem on the car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've triggered the alarm a few times via the app on an iPhone, but when the car is charging and also not charging. It seems to happen when the car is sending an update to the phone, either by manually refreshing the app or the car automatically updating the app after reaching a full charge.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've triggered the alarm a few times via the app on an iPhone, but when the car is charging and also not charging. It seems to happen when the car is sending an update to the phone, either by manually refreshing the app or the car automatically updating the app after reaching a full charge.
Brilliant, someone needs to get a car to a dealer and record a video of this happening.

·
Registered
MX-30 SE-L Lux
113 Posts
I've only triggered it at night, once when charging on the 3 pin and requesting a status update, then another time when charging finished and the notification was sent to my phone. I don't think it's possible to deliberately recreate.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've only triggered it at night, once when charging on the 3 pin and requesting a status update, then another time when charging finished and the notification was sent to my phone. I don't think it's possible to deliberately recreate.
Unless we can identify set of conditions which, more often than not, trigger this fault, I'm not sure we will be able to make a compelling argument to Mazda.

·
Registered
718 Posts
The app does not talk direct to the car. It does it via a central server. So if the alarm is triggered when sending unrequested status updates that must be a 2 way process. Car to central server, central server to user app.

So, h5n1xp, don't forget the server software. That could also send spurious signals to the car. Some users are reporting that charging starts when requesting status. Is that app or central server. So is it the app sending spurious messages to the central server or the server software sending them. So we have three/four suspects. Car, server software, android app/ios app.

The problem is not having a repeatable process to knock potential candidates off the list. If we could repeat we could remove the app. If that doesn't work how do we as mere users differentiate between car and central server software?

Mazda need to be made aware (if they are not already) of this but as a forum how do we know if its already been investigated / registered or even resolved awaiting s/w distribution or server update...

I wish Mazda Europe would make their presence known on this forum so we at least know they have an ear to the ground and are not just waiting on dealer feedback.

Rant over...

Alan

·
Registered
68 Posts
I need to get back to my dealer as he said he would get onto Mazda about the app if I thought it was that. As I no longer constantly ask for an update on the charge I haven't had the issue for a few weeks now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm having this problem also , happen on a few occasions and happen when charging stared last night at 00:30, its alo happened on a few occasions when charge completes , its really random but definitely activates the alarm and no hazards on all occasions.

After last night episode I googled the problem and found this forum , so there's definitely a bug in there software.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Have you tried to remove and reinstall the app or force stop it? Some on this forum state that this solves it. Try force stop first and if that doesn't work reinstall. If they don't work try to remove it completely for a few days to see if that stops it. It would appear there are a few gremlins. The problem is separating out the phone app from the central server software and the car. The app does not communicate directly with the car but car esim to server to phone app and vice versa. Its a bit of a conundrum and really annoying for some!!!

Alan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you tried to remove and reinstall the app or force stop it? Some on this forum state that this solves it. Try force stop first and if that doesn't work reinstall. If they don't work try to remove it completely for a few days to see if that stops it. It would appear there are a few gremlins. The problem is separating out the phone app from the central server software and the car. The app does not communicate directly with the car but car esim to server to phone app and vice versa. Its a bit of a conundrum and really annoying for some!!!

Alan
odd but ill try it , I'm a senior researcher and chief architect for a mobile phone operator so its odd for it to be the Mobile app , its more likely to be an issue with the ECU or its software thats triggering the alarm sounder during some state change , e.g charge start or stop , I'm almost certain the MX30 shuts off certain alarm functions during a charge phase and this state change causes the sounder to activate. anyway its not going to be easy to replicate but ill give it a go see if i can create the same environment and see if this causes the issue.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I agree re ecu possibility but as the status on charging is sent from the car s/w via esim to the central server which is then translated/configured (or whatever terms you wish to use) to a message to the phone app. So is it the car creating a false alarm when sending update data or is it the central server sending a false message in return or at random or is the phone app receiving the status update and giving a false response as it does send signalling requests etc to the car. Never mind the additional external factor of the car charger signalling itself. Without having a repeatable process and/or diagnostic probes in the infrastructure then as you know its difficult to pin down the culprit! I don't know why reinstalling the app works for some but perhaps the app is "holding" a signalling thread and that breaks the link. Hence why I thought a force stop might do the same thing.

Good luck and hope you can nail it down on behalf of the forum

Alan

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree re ecu possibility but as the status on charging is sent from the car s/w via esim to the central server which is then translated/configured (or whatever terms you wish to use) to a message to the phone app. So is it the car creating a false alarm when sending update data or is it the central server sending a false message in return or at random or is the phone app receiving the status update and giving a false response as it does send signalling requests etc to the car. Never mind the additional external factor of the car charger signalling itself. Without having a repeatable process and/or diagnostic probes in the infrastructure then as you know its difficult to pin down the culprit! I don't know why reinstalling the app works for some but perhaps the app is "holding" a signalling thread and that breaks the link. Hence why I thought a force stop might do the same thing.

Good luck and hope you can nail it down on behalf of the forum

Alan
ESIM is just a software embedded sim to connect to whatever Mobile network Mazda have an agreement with for their remote service , the App on your phone is nothing more than a simple status UI and enables you to send very limited subset of commands to the vehicle via the mazda central server, so i don't see how its the app that trigger this alarm condition , it must be something in their vehicle software that is triggering the condition based upon some rogue condition that tells the car to actuate the sounder, its without a doubt a bug they need to investigate , given the post on this forum its common to a number of vehicles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
odd but ill try it , I'm a senior researcher and chief architect for a mobile phone operator so its odd for it to be the Mobile app , its more likely to be an issue with the ECU or its software thats triggering the alarm sounder during some state change , e.g charge start or stop , I'm almost certain the MX30 shuts off certain alarm functions during a charge phase and this state change causes the sounder to activate. anyway its not going to be easy to replicate but ill give it a go see if i can create the same environment and see if this causes the issue.
I've experienced this issue when the car is not charging. Good to have someone on board with system architecture experience.8

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok been doing some reading and apparently all Mazda alarm sirens will activate if you remove the battery feed (not ev battery) from the vehicle , it's also states the hazards wont flash , but the siren will sound, hmmmm maybe in the software they are dropping the main battery during a charge session or maybe the vehicle ECU software is sensing a battery disconnect condition and this is what is triggering the siren randomly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I believe at least one person said their hazards didn't flash when the alarm was triggered, but mine did on every occasion. It makes sense that it's the car triggering the alarm and not the app, but mine always coincided with an update to the app. I've also had the alarm triggered when plugged in and charging, when plugged in and not charging and when not plugged in, which doesn't really help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m experiencing the alarm going off with no hazard lights, but when the car isn’t charging. It seems to happen around 23:30, in fact it’s just done it around 30 minutes ago!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a charging schedule set but it doesn't start at 23:30, it starts at 00:30. I don't seems to get the issue when the car is plugged in waiting to charge, it's happening when it isn't plugged in. I don't get any message/notification/status update in the app that the alarm has gone off either.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts