Mazda MX-30 Forum banner

Alarm triggers when charging

12K views 89 replies 21 participants last post by  Joejoehoppy 
#1 ·
Anyone else had this?
on about 3 occasions in the last 4 months the car is on charge at my home new motion charger and locked.
without ant cause I can determine the car alarm goes off.
I unlock and lock and all is ok with no repeat.

must be a reason…

#72 ·
I'm now starting to get this problem more frequently. Exactly the same as another member mentioned previously, only happens when plugged in charge set to commence at 00:30 and the alarm triggers at 23:30 with no flashing light for approximately 1 minute. My Car went in for it's first service on the 14th June and had all the updates applied, it seems to have gotten worse since that point and occurs when it is plugged in but charge delayed, occasionally it will also occur at around 03:30 when the charge should have been finished, but could be more frequent and it doesn't wake us up!

We completely uninstalled the app this morning in the hope that helps! Has anyone else managed to solve the problem?

#77 ·
Fyldeman, when you say nowhere near the app on your phone does that mean that the app could have been active but not being used at the time?

I ask as I ensure the app is closed or forced stopped and just want to check your app was in the same state.

I must admit I am baffled as to why an active phone app could potentially be causing the problem🤔

Alan

#79 ·
Fyldeman. I have an android phone so I can only talk about that. No idea about IOS.

On the home screen I have a square symbol at the bottom left of the screen. Click on that shows active apps and allows you to close them normally

Alternatively go to;
Settings
Apps
Manage apps
Down to MyMazda....if it is active you can do a forced stop.

Alan

#81 ·
I'm a new MX-30 owner and experienced this for first time tonight. Alarm went off for around 30 secs but no hazards at 10:20. App would have been open and once i'd checked the car and unplugged it (as charge had reached 100%) I went back inside and noticed my phone had received the fully charged notification in the app around the same time as alarm went off so seems connected.

Have Mazda actually formally acknowledged this is an issue as seems to have been going on for around 6 months now based on this and similar threads?

#83 ·
I usually press the boot latch button after I’ve plugged in and locked the car as depressing it causes the driver cluster to light up ant that point instead of when the charge is complete. I think under certain conditions the cluster would light when charge completes and trigger intruder detection.

#84 ·
Hello Guys….Has there been a fix for this? We have just experienced another alarm activation when the car has reached 100% in the early hours, we have had no lights flash when the alarm is triggered. This happens intermittently regardless of the conditions, we have tried home charger scheduled, car scheduled, no schedule and another charger. We only seem to get this using Type 2 A/C 7kw charging.I am looking at taking into Mazda but want to see if other owners have had a fix before we are back and forth with no fix from the dealer

#86 ·
We had it happen again early hours this morning but only when it was starting the charge and it happened immediately when a phone notification came up to say the car had started charging. Has anyone had a fix? Loads of things on this but not one answer on a successful dealer fix

#88 ·
It has been in the dealer today and they are not familiar with this fault. We have gave as much info as we could. They have had the car charging and can’t get the fault to occur. They have asked to keep it another day to see if there is any updates etc. we have also checked the Apple iOS software and Mazda app software is up to date. Let’s hope they find a cure as we are fed up of being woken by the alarm especially as we have a young baby that we don’t want to wake once he’s off…

#89 ·
Unfortunately the dealer saying they are not familiar with a fault seems to be a standard reply. Mazda are aware, as I know my dealer contacted them when I had the problem. Is it worth mentioning who the dealer is, just in case someone else on here has made them aware of the problem before? Is the issue being tested with the phone, as the problem only occurred with me when the app was open or when the 12v battery was low.