Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a month or so now, I’ve been getting intermittently the three following errors on startup:
  1. EV system malfunction: have the vehicle inspected
  2. Airbag system malfunction: have the vehicle inspected
  3. In-vehicle network malfunction: have the vehicle inspected
It’s not on every startup, just sometimes (once a day maybe) and there doesn’t seem to be a pattern as to when it comes on or not.

I’ve taken it in for the recall and the dealership did some jiggery pokery to the computer but they have returned (or not gone away!)

Anyone else experiencing this?

Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Vehicle Tachometer

Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Vehicle Tachometer

·
Registered
MX-30 GT Sport Tech in Machine Grey Metallic (on order)
104 Posts
I think there might be a fault on your car's CAN bus, something like a node operating out of spec or a loose connection, causing spurious data to be received by the computer.

-Edit- My thinking is that something is corrupting messages on the bus. Normally corrupt frames are rejected by the transceiver, but I remember that the CRC on a CAN bus frame is only 16bit, so it's possible that a corrupt message might be getting through every 65536 frames or so (the actual error rate will be much lower, but the number of messages is very high, so I give a numerical value to illustrate the point)... The computer will then flag the device sending the corrupt message as faulty, but the device is probably fine and it's the physical layer that is faulty. I've has this type of problem on simpler serial busses in the past, never on one as robust as CAN, but it's worth investigating.

·
Registered
746 Posts
As kopaszkrapek states check 12v battery status first. This may sound weird but check esim signal status on radio screen bottom right far right signal box as per picture. Spurious communication can cause weird effects as can low 12v battery. If that all checks then as h5n1xp states there may be another issue that only the dealer can diagnose.

Rectangle Gas Tints and shades Composite material Natural material

Alan

·
Registered
746 Posts
When my 12v battery ran low recently is showed all kind of error messages until the charge was restored. Could it be the journey was enough to top it up? Once driven the errors eventually go.

I believe the main candidate (genuine repeatable car s/w or module fault aside) is low 12v battery with low esim signal and poor gps signal (in car communication error please contact your dealer is shown) also outsiders as they can also create error messages

Any indication of anything else on the dash apart from the central white text with orange alert?

Without a repeatable problem it is difficult to pin down as you no doubt know.

With this car nothing is out of the question... 🤯

Alan

·
Registered
Ceramic
30 Posts
No EV error message today.
I had 3 bars on battery, but only one bar in signal strength, which I foolishly thought was referring to my mobile phone.
I charge the car almost every day, so I assume the 12v battery is charged too?
(EDIT: apparently not, it charges while driving or having the car "ON".)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Correct. I had to leave my phone in the house then fetch it out to double check it as I was doubting myself for a second there! :D If esim signal is weak it doesn't help. To check 12v without actually measuring see the link below

Alan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.