Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered a new charging issue last night. Apologies if this has already been reported in a different thread.

I was plugged in with a 13A cable. Via the app I had sent a request to "Stop Charge". This was received by the car and charging stopped. I received a confirmation on the app that charging had stopped. I then sent a request for an update on the charge status; when I did this charging resumed without me requesting it. I repeated these steps and I saw the same results. I then physically removed the cable from the car.

Spoke to the dealer who thought that this was a software issue with the app that would be reported to Mazda. Has anyone else seen this issue?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the app reported that charging had stopped. Then I refreshed the app and charging restarted. The first time it happened I doubted myself so I went through the process again and sure enough charging restarted. Not sure if this will occur with a charge point but equally not sure why it wouldn't. I don't think the app has been rigorously designed or tested. It would be interesting to know how the interface between the app and the car works, it seems quite limited. I wonder if the app developers are limited by what the vehicle engineers have provided in terms of interface to what is quite a new car and concept for Mazda.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Doesn't do it for me

Sat in car plugged in sent start charging request..started charging sent stop request..stopped charging. Moved from remote at bottom of app to status. Swiped up to battery and pulled down refresh button request sent with no effect on charging but updated status. Is that exactly what you are doing or am I missing something?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok in the cold light of day I've tried again. I am standing outside the car watching the charging status light on the car.

Here are the steps.

1. plug in car - charging starts
2. on app request charge stop
3. wait for app to confirm charging has stopped
4. wait for status light on car to go from steady green to status light turned off - takes 5 minutes - important to wait
5. refresh status on app
6. status light on car goes to white and then changes to flashing green - charging has started again
7. app confirms charging has restarted

I repeated this. Interestingly on the second attempt the audible alarm started! I am going to try this again. If I can reproduce this it will be very useful evidence.

I haven't done this amount of testing since I retired - quite enjoying the challenge :)

Let me know if you find the same result.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's point 5 I am confused about. How are you refreshing status?

Just tried it again following your steps. On asking for battery status refresh green light comes back on (not flashing) but dash lights up with charging complete message and does not change to charge...status is plugged in not charging...confused

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And the 3rd time I couldn't reproduce the issue. I got the steady green light only and charging did not restart.

I am refreshing the status on the app by going to the battery status page in the app and pulling down to refresh the status. So step 5 should read
5. Refresh the app's battery status page by pulling down on the screen

I am now started the steps from scratch, i.e. I've unplugged the car and then started with step 1 above - plug in car.

This will take longer to identify a repeatable test process.

·
Registered
118 Posts
This option is only available in settings when you have a schedule set up. It temporarily pauses the schedule and allows instant charging. Not so sure that this should affect status request starting charging but worth keeping in mind

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's point 5 I am confused about. How are you refreshing status?

Just tried it again following your steps. On asking for battery status refresh green light comes back on (not flashing) but dash lights up with charging complete message and does not change to charge...status is plugged in not charging...confused
I think that they mean is if you do a 'screen drag' downwards on the status screen, when it's in full screen mode, it refreshes by asking the car for a real-time update.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will check this but I've given up regulating the charge via the Mazda and have set my home charger (Wallbox) in charge of the schedule ready for when I get off-peak electricity. I'm not currently charging anywhere but at home.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes it is in ev settings and only appears as an option if you have an active schedule set up in the ev settings
I'll try again but I thought I had an active schedule.... perhaps the car interface was fooling me (do you find it much worse than previous Mazda attempts? - I had a Mazda 3 before)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't find it particularly worse because it's my first ev and it just a learning experience (compared to my cx5 ) but it can be frustrating as hell with so many ifs and buts and are you doing this or not!!!!

I note you said that your wall charger is in charge of the schedule so does that mean you do not have the ev setting in the car set on schedule?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts