Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
MX-30 Makoto Machine Grey Metallic
129 Posts
Can I replace my Mazda MX-30 11/2020 single phase charger with a newer three phase charger? And if so, how much is the cost of the three phase charger. Thank you.
From the photos milkfloat and I have posted, you can see that the actual charge port would need to be rewired (with the extra phases), but if you were able to source a new charge unit, find someone able to do the rewire, and be prepared to void the car warranty… should be doable, but won’t be cheap.

·
Registered
2021 Advantage Red with black roof and grey contrasting pillars
61 Posts
My son takes the Mazda to Amsterdam regularly. He always charges to 80% at the same Shell fast-charge ( 175kWh rated), and takes about 30 minutes to do so.
Last monday it took 102 minutes.. .. he might as well travel by train ! It is the same route, leaving from home 100% charge. Only difference can be that since it
was 7C the airco/heater consumed a bit more, let say 10 minutes extra.. I read in another tread about the high-voltage battery heater. My car had all updates
on October 6th (if I can trust the dealer). But I can't find anything in the menus to switch this heater on as suggested ( in a thread October 2021 would likely
be implemented in new firmware).

So is this normal to charge from 50-80% in 102 minutes at 7C ambient with 37kWh DC (175kWh rated) ?

·
Registered
781 Posts
It is not a menu option to manually turn on battery heater to cold mode. See the link below. I do not think 7c should affect the charge that much but as the car does not display kw delivery rate you have to go by the time displayed to get to the required % and calculate what is being actually being delivered. Was it a one off, dodgy charger? The car needs a delivery rate indicator in my opinion.
30% at 37kw dc should be far quicker ( 37 ÷ 9.15kw required) based on 100% being 30.5 usable ÷ 10 x 3. Even allowing for ancillaries that should only be 15 - 30 minutes. 102 minutes sounds like fast charging 6.6kw not rapid charging 37kw. Roughly 30 minutes = 18.5kw, 15 minutes = 9.25kw delivery rate at best from rapid.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts