Mazda MX-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
we currently have the cx30, great car , our 5th mazda.

I'm always looking at whats new and the mx30 has caught my eye.
never had an EV, and like most people making the swap from ice engines there are alot of questions.
what are the views of drivers that have made the move to the mx30 from ice engine?
cost /range/charging etc etc
the 124 miles range is concerning....but there again we only do 6000 miles per year..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just had a test drive.
if mazda had made a cx30 ev they would of had a winner...
mx30 is not for us ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What was it about the MX-30 that didn't convince you?
Hi. Comparing it to the Cx30. The centre console was nice but the air con screen seems a step backwards, found it distracting when trying to adjust while driving, just didn't make sense when Mazda promote a non touch screen with the infotainment to avoid distraction..
We found space in the back very tight... Getting in and out with the rear doors was difficult, this would be impossible in a car park with cars either side..the drive was fine and very smooth... We drove on mixed roads and used 10% of power over 12 miles so the 120 miles seems about right... This could work for us just.. but we'd be charging 2-3times a week...
EV v petrol is the new Diesel v petrol justification.. at £28k it is cheaper than the rest, but next year there is lots of ev's coming to the market and looking online they offer more ...sorry Mazda you have got it wrong... This is backed up by the news they are adding a rotary engine as a range extender..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi. Comparing it to the Cx30. The centre console was nice but the air con screen seems a step backwards, found it distracting when trying to adjust while driving, just didn't make sense when Mazda promote a non touch screen with the infotainment to avoid distraction..
We found space in the back very tight... Getting in and out with the rear doors was difficult, this would be impossible in a car park with cars either side..the drive was fine and very smooth... We drove on mixed roads and used 10% of power over 12 miles so the 120 miles seems about right... This could work for us just.. but we'd be charging 2-3times a week...
EV v petrol is the new Diesel v petrol justification.. at £28k it is cheaper than the rest, but next year there is lots of ev's coming to the market and looking online they offer more ...sorry Mazda you have got it wrong... This is backed up by the news they are adding a rotary engine as a range extender..
That's a fair assessment of the MX-30. I'm with you I wish it was a touchscreen instead, that choice seemed odd to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts