Mazda MX-30 Forum banner

Door not opening when 12v battery is down

Tags
12v battery key
5K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  MX30_NL 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I an owner of Mazda MX 30 for few days (haven't even charge it yet). Yesterday I was sitting in the car playing with the settings and it turned tody that the 12v battery is down. Now, I cannot even open the car. Please, give me any idea how can I open it now? If I make it, I can share electricity with my other car and I believe I should be able to start the car.

#6 ·
You saved me!!!!!! Appreciate it!!! I am in the car but can't switch to N and move the car out of the garage and share electricity with other car. I have an option only to charge the battery with charger. I have a charger but am wondering if it is okay to move out the battery from the car? Or maybe if I directly connect the charger with the battery without moving out?

#18 · (Edited)
Thank you Darren and Murphy! The 12v battery is charged and I am saved! I even drove like 30-40km. Still I have to go to the Mazda's service cause I found that I cannot charge not only at home but anywhere. I tried couple of CCS stations but couldn't charge... Now, at least I can get to there 😂 We didn't start well with my Mazda...

#19 ·
For anyone who reads this and have the same problem: it turned out that after this exhausted battery the car couldn't charge anywhere. I went to Mazda's service and they said there were many erorrs to be cleaned which caused the problem with non-charging.

#21 ·
Same experience after leaving car headlights on.
the traction battery did not top-up the 12v. Dash lights flashing, not enough power presumably to activate the relays for charging / high voltage systems. Used a power bank type jump start device to get the vehicle going.
taking to dealership today presumably for 12v battery related update.

#22 ·
The more I learn about this car, the more I think it aren't teething problems.
For a company with this many years of experience in manufacturing, one should expect it to be 'fool proof'..

If I fiddle about too long in my Range Rover, it gives a warning text : "..switch the car on or the car shuts down..".

How difficult can it be to program this.. :sleep:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.