Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have door rattle noises coming from both front doors (RHD car in Ireland) in my First Edition MX-30. Front right has a tapping noise when travelling on any road that isn't perfectly smooth - ie. most roads! Front left has a louder, but more intermittent, noise. These are really noticeable is an EV as the there is no engine noise to mask it.
Another thread said that was these door noises were common enough and that the dealer fixed them.
Can anyone advise if they have experienced this and if they managed to get it fixed under warranty?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Rattles are notoriously difficult to trace. I was convinced that the drivers door was rattling , RHD First Edition, but it turned out to be a plastic cover under the front of the drivers seat. The cover hides a few wires and it is located by a finger inboard and a pop catch outboard. The finger had missed the hole in the steel plate against which it then rattled. Quick fix and the supposed door rattle was gone.
The passenger door rattle turned out to be the heater nozzle in the passenger floor well. It flopped about and contacted part of the steelwork. I just taped a pad to the back of the nozzle and the rattle was gone. The drivers side wiggles about as well but on my car it doesn't contact anything to create a rattle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips on those rattle/noises and the solves you put in place. I will keep an eye out for them but mine is definitely the doors. When I lower the window the noises stop. It's like there is something loose in the door (a wire or a clip?) And when the window drops down it stops whatever is vibrating making noise.
I was hoping someone else had a similar problem as I asked my dealer and they sent a request to Mazda to see if this is a known issue with the MX-30.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi!

The tapping sound was in my case a misaligned door "lockbox" in relation to to the bracket, known by Mazda and fixed under warranty.

I also have some rattling in both front doors that in my case disappears when opening and closing the windows, then it returns when not opening the windows for a few days, I will ask the dealer to look into that is the plan.

Greetings!
Daniel

·
Registered
7 Posts
My first edition model is going back to the dealer in Stockport on Monday for the annoying door rattles.
Service department said they have not heard of this issue.
I will report back on there findings and hopefully a fix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update.
I dropped the car off at Mazda Stockport on Monday morning at 8:00 am,received a call at 11:30 am car was ready to be picked up.
It appears Mazda is aware of the issue and there is a fix. So far so good I have done 65 miles with no rattles from either the drivers or passenger doors. Fingers crossed it’s all sorted now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Update.
I dropped the car off at Mazda Stockport on Monday morning at 8:00 am,received a call at 11:30 am car was ready to be picked up.
It appears Mazda is aware of the issue and there is a fix. So far so good I have done 65 miles with no rattles from either the drivers or passenger doors. Fingers crossed it’s all sorted now.
Thanks for the update. I think I’ll book mine in - no rattle noise for the first 2000 miles and then it started…

1 - 7 of 7 Posts