Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
The solution above (using extra thick rubberised tape) certainly dampens the rattling to almost non existent but according to my wife (who has ears like a bat) the underlying issue is still there and she can still hear what she thinks is window rattle. What I don't understand is why when lowering the windows makes it go away the adding padding to the door is a solution and not just a temporary remedy? I have contacted my local Mazda dealer, advised them of the forum issues, and await feedback. The temperature related issue is new one to me but worth bearing in mind.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I do agree that Mazda should be able to get a fix for the rattle out.
Meanwhile I now (as far as I can hear) am “rattle free”. I ended up with a solution using
Tennis racket overgrip/tape to pad the empty room under the flap that seems cause the rattle.
Now it is all silent, finger crossed it persists.

Even though it seems bulky on the picture, it doesn’t stand out much in reality.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive mirror Bumper

·
Registered
27 Posts
My latest update, took the car to my dealer on Monday 22 Nov. Dealer said that Mazda had a fix. This fix stops the window hitting the frame of the door. So far this has improved matters although I can still hear a faint noise but I have to concentrate hard. I will monitor the fix and see if it's stable. It seems to affect the front and back doors and both sides. We did notice that winding the windows down does provide a temporary respite but of course this is not a solution for the back door. Hope you all get a fix from Mazda; I wouldn't try a self-fix as this could affect the warranty. I took delivery in August and the door rattle was evident then, so I don't think it's affected by temperature. It does seem to take time to develop so it's more likely x number of miles before it can be heard.

Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The solution above (using extra thick rubberised tape) certainly dampens the rattling to almost non existent but according to my wife (who has ears like a bat) the underlying issue is still there and she can still hear what she thinks is window rattle. What I don't understand is why when lowering the windows makes it go away the adding padding to the door is a solution and not just a temporary remedy? I have contacted my local Mazda dealer, advised them of the forum issues, and await feedback. The temperature related issue is new one to me but worth bearing in mind.
See my latest update - Mazda seem to confirm it's a window rattle issue which they can fix (I hope).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interesting to hear that there might be a window related fix from Mazda, I have a hard time to see the relation to my rattle as it wen't away after the padding of the area in picture.. but stranger things has happened I guess.
No worries for your warranty if the fix is reversable ofc. obviously do not start to cut, bend or super-glue things here!

Good with heads up anyway! I will get to the dealer and have a chat, also about the two new software updates that would be nice now when it gets colder (charging speed and more) :) .

Daniel

·
Registered
27 Posts
Daniel can you enlighten us about the two software updates please?
I've seen people talking about issues with the charge rate although I don't think I've been affected; I've not seen any details about Mazda confirming that it's a software problem - more details would be nice. Also Mazda are talking about a software fix for the alarm firing for no reason.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My mazda dealer has come back to me re rattling from doors/windows or whatever is the root cause.He could not find any tech bulletins regarding this from Mazda. He chased up Mazda uk about this. The mazda uk technical representative has an mx30 with this very problem and is working on a solution and therefore a technical recommendation and associated bulletin to mazda dealerships. I await feedback next week from my dealership. I have also asked them to check for available s/w updates so hopefully I can get both done at the same time. The tech rep is not aware of the rattling being a major issue...this surprises me given the chat on the forum which leads me to believe Mazda don't follow the mx30 forum! Other dealerships might already be applying their own solutions in the meantime.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My mazda dealer has come back to me re rattling from doors/windows or whatever is the root cause.He could not find any tech bulletins regarding this from Mazda. He chased up Mazda uk about this. The mazda uk technical representative has an mx30 with this very problem and is working on a solution and therefore a technical recommendation and associated bulletin to mazda dealerships. I await feedback next week from my dealership. I have also asked them to check for available s/w updates so hopefully I can get both done at the same time. The tech rep is not aware of the rattling being a major issue...this surprises me given the chat on the forum which leads me to believe Mazda don't follow the mx30 forum! Other dealerships might already be applying their own solutions in the meantime.
Interesting. This doesn't quite match what my dealer is saying. They say they have implemented a solution provided by Mazda. I will continue to monitor the solution my dealer has provided and the conversation here - and I know the dealer reads this forum. The solution installed on Monday is currently working ok.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Daniel can you enlighten us about the two software updates please?
This is a cut and paste from the German MX-30 forum, someone there got it already installed.

Here is what i got from my Mazda deler today.
For this update your workshop need to order special tool that are made for just that update.

AM036A
In connection with the above SSP, we will also release a Mazda Service Program (MSP) under the name AM036A which will improve the fast charge (DC - charge) in cold conditions and improve the car's ability to maintain the interior heat at extremely cold temperatures . On some MX-30 vehicles, it may take a long time to complete the fast charge in cold conditions. We solve this by reprogramming the software in PCM and B ECM. After the software update, you can change the mode of how the high-voltage battery's heater works, there will be a normal mode and a mode for colder temperatures. The situation for colder temperatures will improve the fast charging time, but the car's range will be affected as the high-voltage battery's heating system will have to work harder. More information on how to change mode can be found on the next page

Procedure for switching between "Normal Mode" and "Cold Mode" Please consider explaining these important points to customers. By activating the battery heater from between 5-10 ° C, the time for fast charging is shortened by about 55 minutes from SOC (charging state) 20% to 80% at -10 ° C. This function is only useful for customers who often uses DC charging (fast charging) as it does not significantly affect the time for AC charging. Follow the procedure below if the customer prefers to change the performance to improve the fast charging time when the ambient temperature is low. "Normal mode" when the ambient temperature warms up: 1. Switch ON the READY OFF mode 2. Move the gear selector to the P position. 3. Hold down the pedals and perform the following steps within 10 seconds (the pedals should be depressed throughout the process). a) Press the minus button on the steering paddle A (-) three times. b) Press the plus button on the steering wheel paddle B (+ / OFF) three times. c) Press the minus button on the steering paddle A (-) three times. d) Press the plus button on the steering wheel paddle B (+ / OFF) three times.

Supplementary information: "EV system warning light" flashes as the conditions below when the changeover has been carried out correctly. When switching to "Cold mode" correctly: Flashes the lamp 4 times When switching to "Normal mode" correctly: Flashes the lamp twice 4. Release the brake pedal and accelerator pedal. Switch OFF the ignition mode. 5. Check for any error codes / DTCs and delete if necessary. Reference information: This switching procedure is applicable in both cases when switching from "Cold Mode" to "Normal Mode" and when switching from "Normal Mode" to "Cold Mode".

And a later post in the same thread,

"According to my sfMH first details:
Mazda service campaigns for certain VIN areas or software versions of control units.

AM035A (12 volt battery)
and
AM036A (heating power and battery heating)

Your fMH will surely be (in) happy to explain all the details upon friendly request! "

Daniel

21 - 32 of 32 Posts