Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I spoke to my dealer today ( Western Mazda Edinburgh) to book the car in for am035 and 036 updates. He says he has received an update from Mazda re rattle and the fix is on the doors not the windows but did not provide specifics. I have it booked in on the 20th Dec. It is not a recall as you say because it is not a safety issue and I think the onus is on us to raise it with the dealers rather than wait. Probably because it is an advisory rather than ssp. I will get more details after my visit.

Alan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi
Can the updates not be done over the air. Also should all uk owners get a letter from there dealer about the update.

many thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
No they cannot yet do vehicle software over the air yet. Don't know why but reckon it is a Mazda engineering decision at this stage of their ev development. Mazda Connect updates are different. I honestly think that depending on dealership some will be proactive some reactive so I always recommend chasing them rather than waiting!

Alan

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi there did your dealer specifically say what they did and if they are aware of this issue why aren’t Mazda globally having a recall although I know this is not a safety issue
Hi Ciprotim,

They didn't provide any further detail beside the issue is known by Mazda and it is coming from the doors rather than the windows (which is also confirmed by Alan's dealer as he reported in one of his replies later in this thread).

I doubt Mazda will deal with this issue with a recall, because as you guessed it isn't exactly a safety concern. I got two recalls so far, and both were announced here in Germany with an official letter in collaboration with some government car safety agency.
I doubt an annoying noise is a concern for these guys.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oh dear the door rattle is back! My wife and I were driving around and almost together we both said the rattle is back. So whatever my dealer did, it's not a long term fix. I'll be going back to the dealer for a 4th time soon.

·
Registered
Mx 30 2021 GT SPORT TECH
25 Posts
Hi Ciprotim,

They didn't provide any further detail beside the issue is known by Mazda and it is coming from the doors rather than the windows (which is also confirmed by Alan's dealer as he reported in one of his replies later in this thread).

I doubt Mazda will deal with this issue with a recall, because as you guessed it isn't exactly a safety concern. I got two recalls so far, and both were announced here in Germany with an official letter in collaboration with some government car safety agency.
I doubt an annoying noise is a concern for these guys.
Thanks for reply I have a service in March I will see what they say about the noise if I can wait that long. I thought I solved with a window trim mod but has not worked how everpasenger side worse than drivers

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I finally got word back from the Mazda dealer that I bought my car off, and apparently Mazda have officially created a fix for the rattle and they have me booked in for the 4th of January to resolve it.

I was also told my car is going to be used for training other garages in Ireland so that’s pretty interesting, there will be some sort of rep coming to dealer to show how to fix this issue, may mean it’s done right the first time.

Fingers crossed this thread has finished up with this been the fixed by Mazda officially time will tell.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I finally got word back from the Mazda dealer that I bought my car off, and apparently Mazda have officially created a fix for the rattle and they have me booked in for the 4th of January to resolve it.

I was also told my car is going to be used for training other garages in Ireland so that’s pretty interesting, there will be some sort of rep coming to dealer to show how to fix this issue, may mean it’s done right the first time.

Fingers crossed this thread has finished up with this been the fixed by Mazda officially time will tell.
Have you been given some kind of official Mazda reference for this fix so that I can pass this on to my dealer? Just hope it's not the same fix that my dealer said was also an official Mazda fix!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes it's a known update. The battery heater is currently automatic and is less than effective at the moment. It needs really subzero temp to even think about doing anything! This only improves fast dc charging in cold weather.

See this

AM036A

In connection with the above SSP, we will also release a Mazda Service Program (MSP) under the name AM036A which will improve the fast charge (DC - charge) in cold conditions and improve the car's ability to maintain the interior heat at extremely cold temperatures . On some MX-30 vehicles, it may take a long time to complete the fast charge in cold conditions. We solve this by reprogramming the software in PCM and B ECM. After the software update, you can change the mode of how the high-voltage battery's heater works, there will be a normal mode and a mode for colder temperatures. The situation for colder temperatures will improve the fast charging time, but the car's range will be affected as the high-voltage battery's heating system will have to work harder. More information on how to change mode can be found on the next page

Procedure for switching between "Normal Mode" and "Cold Mode" Please consider explaining these important points to customers. By activating the battery heater from between 5-10 ° C, the time for fast charging is shortened by about 55 minutes from SOC (charging state) 20% to 80% at -10 ° C. This function is only useful for customers who often uses DC charging (fast charging) as it does not significantly affect the time for AC charging. Follow the procedure below if the customer prefers to change the performance to improve the fast charging time when the ambient temperature is low. "Normal mode" when the ambient temperature warms up: 1. Switch ON the READY OFF mode 2. Move the gear selector to the P position. 3. Hold down the pedals and perform the following steps within 10 seconds (the pedals should be depressed throughout the process). a) Press the minus button on the steering paddle A (-) three times. b) Press the plus button on the steering wheel paddle B (+ / OFF) three times. c) Press the minus button on the steering paddle A (-) three times. d) Press the plus button on the steering wheel paddle B (+ / OFF) three times.

Supplementary information: "EV system warning light" flashes as the conditions below when the changeover has been carried out correctly. When switching to "Cold mode" correctly: Flashes the lamp 4 times When switching to "Normal mode" correctly: Flashes the lamp twice 4. Release the brake pedal and accelerator pedal. Switch OFF the ignition mode. 5. Check for any error codes / DTCs and delete if necessary. Reference information: This switching procedure is applicable in both cases when switching from "Cold Mode" to "Normal Mode" and when switching from "Normal Mode" to "Cold Mode".

Alan

·
Registered
328 Posts
Update from Western Mazda dealership regarding door rattle.

Apologies but they would not give me a copy of the technical bulletin!

According to the work note I have received after the work was done it stated realign door hinges and fit additional padding. On looking the padding is behind the existing rubbers at the top corner on the opening side of both front doors. Nothing on back doors. It's now 🤞 that this is the absolute cure. Both s/w updates done and all seems OK.

Footnote. They gave me a manual mazda 3 as a courtesy car. In days gone by that was fine but now nope. I was paddling like hell without realising it and obviously nothing was there, no rear windscreen wiper was a pain given the rear screen was manky (dirty in English) and the driving experience was just OK in comparison. Never mind that the petrol pumps just took my wallet off me! I would find it very hard to go back to ice mazda's after the mx30.

Alan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good news.
hope that cures the problem. Can you actually see the new padding ?.
I will mention this when my car gets booked in.

·
Registered
328 Posts
You can feel it with your fingers. If you open the door and from inside go to the top right on drivers door (right at the top corner) you can feel it using your finger under the existing corner seal. Obviously opposite on passenger side. It just like they have padded out the existing by stuffing more behind it! I have left my temporary patch of velcro on the car frame side. I did tell the dealer to remove it if it affected the mazda solution but they just left it. I am now going to drive it down the cobbled road of the Royal Mile in Edinburgh to give it a good test:)

Alan

·
Registered
46 Posts
Update from Western Mazda dealership regarding door rattle.

Apologies but they would not give me a copy of the technical bulletin!

According to the work note I have received after the work was done it stated realign door hinges and fit additional padding. On looking the padding is behind the existing rubbers at the top corner on the opening side of both front doors. Nothing on back doors. It's now 🤞 that this is the absolute cure. Both s/w updates done and all seems OK.

Footnote. They gave me a manual mazda 3 as a courtesy car. In days gone by that was fine but now nope. I was paddling like hell without realising it and obviously nothing was there, no rear windscreen wiper was a pain given the rear screen was manky (dirty in English) and the driving experience was just OK in comparison. Never mind that the petrol pumps just took my wallet off me! I would find it very hard to go back to ice mazda's after the mx30.

Alan
I think the rattle is coming from the rear doors so not sure this latest fix is going to solve the issue - with my car at least. I will book yet another appointment. I remain cynical about Mazda's involvement.

41 - 60 of 105 Posts