Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
My next dealer visit to sort out the door rattle is on Tuesday 15 March. This was initiated by me contacting the dealer and Mazda. The dealer didn't bother to reply. Mazda said that they have a solution; I asked them to contact the dealer. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Alan, I was going to comment that , as mkii.px's fix seems to have been organised relatively quickly without waiting for special parts, it was unlikely to be the same as yours. But now maybe you will both benefit from the new new golden bulletin. My fix (done before I collected my used car) was back in mid February so I'd assume that yours will be the latest latest. But who knows?!

·
Registered
Mx 30 2021 GT SPORT TECH
43 Posts
My car booked in for 7th of April. Now informed it was not parts they were waiting on but the bulletin fix details!!!! Forked tongue in action🐍

Alan
Hi pal I was also told at Shrewsbury dealer that they do act knowledge the door issue but it needs to appear on the Mazda bulletin board I think they do this so it’s easier for them without sorting to much out and they get the jist of what to fix

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do you find that the rattle is worse in colder weather? I have booked mine in and advised the dealer of the bulletin but they have said they need to check it first and then possible apply the fix another day, which seems a waste of time.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Darren, it could be that colder conditions cause the seals to contract ever so slightly. The problem is instead of the door seals rear and front "sticking" together tightly they are rubbing together (slipping) allowing ever so slight door movement during driving hence the rattle effect. It appears to be worse on the passengers side if no-one is sitting there....that's the theory anyway🤔

Alan

·
Registered
61 Posts
mkii.px, any joy at your dealership today?

Alan
Well I was told:
a) there was a rattle from the Sunglasses holder...!! (I was not polite when I heard this)
b) extra noise reduction padding added to the doors
c) striker plates were adjusted by a few mm

I asked for the official Mazda reference for the fix. This wasn't provided but I was provided with a worksheet that referred to "Door-Ajar warning light on for closed doors" TSB Number: R008/21, TSB Publication Date: 16/02/2021. "This concern may be caused by a half-latched rear door. It may be due to improper alignment between the rear door latches and strikers caused by the production variety". So this is not officially a fix for the door rattle. I will be contacting Mazda - they told me that they had an official fix for the door rattle. Of course this change may have the side effect of solving the problem - and only time will tell (again).

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's disappointing mxii, but perhaps what they've done will indeed incidentally cure the rattle - 🤞 for you. What's so frustrating is the poor communication on this matter between Mazda Central and the dealer network - it certainly damages my confidence in the brand which is a shame because I've always been very happy with my MX5's and my interaction with Mazda in the past.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's disappointing mxii, but perhaps what they've done will indeed incidentally cure the rattle - 🤞 for you. What's so frustrating is the poor communication on this matter between Mazda Central and the dealer network - it certainly damages my confidence in the brand which is a shame because I've always been very happy with my MX5's and my interaction with Mazda in the past.
I will be saying the same direct to Mazda. My wife is also a loyal Mazda customer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You won't be surprised to hear that the problem is worse since the latest attempt by the dealer to fix the issue. I did, of course, take the sunglasses out of the sunglasses holder before attempting to listen for the rattle! Back to Mazda and the dealer on this one. It's coming to stage where I don't think they can fix it - so what happens next? Who would want to buy a car with a door rattle?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Try the other dealer first!!! My car is still all quiet with the velcro and door insulation fix until Mazda get there a***s in gear. I still cannot get body flex out of my head with no central pillar on the bodywork. Unless rear and front doors/seals are tighter than a ducks backside then play does come into it hence the realignment attempt, followed by stuffing behind the top of rear door seal and now???? I await my next fix attempt in April. How is the alarm issue currently?

Alan

·
Registered
61 Posts
How is the alarm issue currently?

Alan
In hindsight, I suspect it is app-related... which helps, but means that I can't really use the app to obtain information on the car for fear of setting off the alarm (the one that lasts 30 seconds and doesn't display the hazard warning lights). Not as sold! I agree with you about the doors - I wonder if this was a problem with their earlier car - the RX8 - that had the same door design.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I asked the Mazda dealership in Nottingham to look at the rattle this week when my car went in for the software updates. They said they have fixed it by ‘repositioning the trims to rectify the rattle’.

the result is that the old rattle has definitely gone but now replaced by a much quieter occasional sound (sounds like a muffled distant rubbing noise). Much better but not perfect. I’ll see if it lasts (or not!)

·
Registered
72 Posts
You won't be surprised to hear that the problem is worse since the latest attempt by the dealer to fix the issue. I did, of course, take the sunglasses out of the sunglasses holder before attempting to listen for the rattle! Back to Mazda and the dealer on this one. It's coming to stage where I don't think they can fix it - so what happens next? Who would want to buy a car with a door rattle?
Well, not surprised maybe but certainly disappointed. It's becoming clear now that Mazda UK hasn't issued a universal tech bulletin which provides an effective fix to all the dealers, and that each dealer seems to be trying their own bodge so some people have had a 'Mazda Fix' which has worked but many haven't. I can understand your exasperation at this point but at least the DIY fix described by Alan appears to provide lasting relief. As for the RX8, I'm afraid that I have no personal experience of one (wish I had!) but the fact that Mazda have the experience of producing that car makes it all the more disappointing that they haven't got the 'freestyle' door design right on the MX30. Please let us know how your conversations with Mazda go. From conversations on this Forum and elsewhere (such as FB), it's apparent that people are starting to lose patience with them.

161 - 180 of 211 Posts