Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got a chance to enjoy the "fast charging" once again. Today temperature 0. Cold mode on. Fast charger gives 50kW max.
Mazda takes 9kW.

The good thing is that there is no mention of charging speed on Finnish MX-30 mazda.fi webpage. Maybe they got some feedback? They do not want to lie no more 😁
Rectangle Gadget Font Display device Art

Vehicle Car Plant Trip computer Odometer

So 25% what it should be. It is a fraud. Thanks Mazda.
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

· Registered
18 Posts
There is a procedure to switch the battery heater to winter mode. By activating it, the battery increases the temperature and the charging is faster.
Edit.....I just saw that you already acivated the cold mode

· Registered
15 Posts
There is a procedure to switch the battery heater to winter mode. By activating it, the battery increases the temperature and the charging is faster.
Edit.....I just saw that you already acivated the cold mode
Hi. Have you tried " cold mode"?
If so you would see that it doesent work.
Its just a way that Mazda want too fool us.

· Registered
MX-30 Makoto Machine Grey Metallic
138 Posts
Mazda are being super cautious with the battery (almost certainly to help them achieve their 8 year guarantee). Both charging and discharging seem to be extremely conservative to reduce stress on the cells, limiting both the car's acceleration and the charging speed.

Personally I think in 8 years time, the battery tech in the MX-30 will be laughably out of date.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The marketing promise 35 minutes from 20% to 80% is only possible in Mazda lab. In reality, at least on my car, it does not go even close. Best I have is 9,81kWh in 28 minutes, summer and warm battery. And the battery was almost empty.
I do most of my charging at home with 8A. And I am just fine with that.
But the promise on fast charge is close to a fraud by Mazda.

· Registered
15 Posts
I had a conversation with the car company that sold the car today regarding the charging issues with the MX-30. This is the 4th time I have complained.
Had to test load their display car to check. It showed that it is the same problem.
They would take the issue further to Mazda Sweden and demand a solution. Otherwise, I hope they redeem the car again.
:mad::mad::mad:

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone have decent CCS fast charge speed with cold conditions with the older version max 36kW? Would be nice to hear what is your max CCS power charcing below 0 celsius?
Or is it common problem for all?

· Registered
15 Posts
Have read all the sales documentation that Mazda leaves with the sellers regarding the MX-30.
And if you search for fast charging, there is a small asterisk that refers to a text far down in the brochure that 20-80%
charging and 36 minutes applies at 20 degrees Celsius outdoors.

· Registered
4 Posts
The marketing promise 35 minutes from 20% to 80% is only possible in Mazda lab. In reality, at least on my car, it does not go even close. Best I have is 9,81kWh in 28 minutes, summer and warm battery. And the battery was almost empty.
I do most of my charging at home with 8A. And I am just fine with that.
But the promise on fast charge is close to a fraud by Mazda.
So disappointing. It was one of the reasons I brought the car. I really love the car but fast charging was one of the reasons I was ok with the short range.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

I think this is just a plain old software bug or some 2 euro component on the charging power limiter unit. This is what I got on video, with 71% EV-battery, but it does exactly the same with lower EV-battery charge levels.
The charging power slowly "crawls" over 36kW and then it drops like a stone to 9-16kW level. I have seen it go up to 39kW.
If I stop the charging and unplug the charger and start it again, it starts with 36kW.
I contacted the local dealer with my findings and asked for a fix, but I never expect to hear back from them.

And this was with cold mode activated, outside temperature about -4, EV-battery temperature between 2nd and 3rd line on the scale. And I ended up getting 14,6kWh in 48 minutes. Then 1,2kW in 3 minutes and 1,1kW in 2 minutes. Tried to warm up the battery before the charge by "breaking" with the regen and accelerating heavily.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, why I think it is a software bug? Well according to my findings on CCS with max power of 50kW the drop becomes faster or Mazda does not even take 36kW. The video is from 225kW charging station and it "fools" the stupid Mazda software much longer.
Hey Mazda, if you pay you to your coders bananas, you get monkeys as a coders.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts