Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Charlie, I asked my dealer (more than once) to supply a cost and they cannot find a UK service plan. They use a company called Emac. They also stated that dealers are providing their own plans it is not a UK wide thing. See their reply below.

"Most garages have their own service plan that they use and they will all be different the one we use is a company called Emac"

"I have just tried to do a quote for a service plan for you im sorry but it looks like it still isn't working fully for the Mx-30 as the service plan cost that came up was almost £200 more expensive than the 1st and 2nd service prices. The cost of the first service without the service plan would be £99.00 and the 2nd service is £199.00 "

Alan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Charlie, I asked my dealer (more than once) to supply a cost and they cannot find a UK service plan. They use a company called Emac. They also stated that dealers are providing their own plans it is not a UK wide thing. See their reply below.

"Most garages have their own service plan that they use and they will all be different the one we use is a company called Emac"

"I have just tried to do a quote for a service plan for you im sorry but it looks like it still isn't working fully for the Mx-30 as the service plan cost that came up was almost £200 more expensive than the 1st and 2nd service prices. The cost of the first service without the service plan would be £99.00 and the 2nd service is £199.00 "

Alan
Thanks for that Alan. I'm not that familiar with Mazda generally, but I do feel something of a pioneer status with them as they venture into the EV market, but you'd have thought they'd have planned this out more than they perhaps have what with all the anecdotal evidence of owners enquiries being met with shrugs in the dealerships. Not a good look really, or indeed one that fills you with confidence in plumping for the MX 30 when there are other compelling choices to be had. I know Renault have had a lot more time in the market with the Zoe, but I was hoping for the Mazda equivalent of this page (3 year/30K £499 for ICE models / £299 for the Zoe). I can live with the prices you quoted above (and have seen them elsewhere), but would like to purchase an inflation-proof plan if I could, especially in these shaky times.

·
Registered
MX-30
84 Posts
I know Alan has already asked this but I can't see a reply. Can someone advise where this pricelist came from - I cannot find it online anywhere.
this is the OFFICIAL MAZDA pricelist. Can be found downloading from mazda.co.uk the "pricelist"
after all models tabs, there is the mazda service - last page of this mazda price list

confirmed by Mazda dealer in london, this is Mazda official and can be used anywhere in UK (not linked to dealer).
unsure if this can be transferred to new owner, but usually it is the case
imho stay away from 3rd party products as can be dealer linked, with excess or whatsoever

also dealer told me they have 0% margin on the sale of the mazda plan and they make money only if you service the care at their garage. So makes sense they try no to sell this and push other solutions, especially if garage specific!

btw - it is also in the last pages of the MX30 specific price&specs brochure - page 27.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
37 Posts
this is the OFFICIAL MAZDA pricelist. Can be found downloading from mazda.co.uk the "pricelist"
after all models tabs, there is the mazda service - last page of this mazda price list

confirmed by Mazda dealer in london, this is Mazda official and can be used anywhere in UK (not linked to dealer).
unsure if this can be transferred to new owner, but usually it is the case
imho stay away from 3rd party products as can be dealer linked, with excess or whatsoever

also dealer told me they have 0% margin on the sale of the mazda plan and they make money only if you service the care at their garage. So makes sense they try no to sell this and push other solutions, especially if garage specific!

btw - it is also in the last pages of the MX30 specific price&specs brochure - page 27.

View attachment 554
Excellent - Thank you for this. I had got that download previously but somehow missed this at the end.

Regarding :
It really does make me laugh at the disconnect you constantly hear about the aims and aspirations of manufacturers compared with those of their dealers.

And when will dealers stop with the short term thinking? They will benefit from this in terms of repeat business when they use transparency. My missus got embroiled in something similar when buying a Nissan a few years ago. End result - no chance of ever entering a Nissan dealer again in my lifetime.

·
Registered
MX-30
84 Posts
I know right? those are the ones will complain about Cazoo & Co in a few yrs, same as shops are complaining about amazon... anyway - Mazda had to add "at participating dealers only" - this says it all...

·
Registered
781 Posts
Birillo_79, thanks for this. I had previously given this to Western Mazda Edinburgh but got short shrift. Seems they want to go their own way!!!

Have passed it on again but not holding my breath 🥶

Alan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Birillo_79, thanks for this. I had previously given this to Western Mazda Edinburgh but got short shrift. Seems they want to go their own way!!!

Have passed it on again but not holding my breath 🥶

Alan
With the Renault plan I currently have, I just bought it over the phone from Renault themselves. When I then booked into Renault Leicester for servicing they just called up the plan from my reg. The car itself is leased so I've never otherwise been near a dealer. TBH, one of the reasons I lease my cars is to avoid dealers.

·
Registered
781 Posts
And the answer is;

"It looks like that service plan is through Mazda themselves they might be able to set that up for you like they do the extended warranties, Mazda customer services number is 03457484848. It is certainly not something that I have ever set up here in branch"

Alan

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’ve booked my first service in for March. They told me that they recommended cleaning/servicing the fuel filter for an additional £34. I had to point out it was an EV. 🤦‍♂️ Not sure how much yet.
I booked a service appointment over the phone to get another Key made they asked me if I needed an oil change when I was there. They said they could add it on to the appointment no problem.

I told them it was electric and it didn’t need motor oil, she just paused and said

“I do apologize, we will get you scheduled straight away what day and time is good for you?” I just shook my head and told her the time and date I wanted.

😂

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just came back from the dealers for a couple of issues and asked about servicing. I was advised that the first service is around £79, the second £200 (no idea what they do!!) and the 3rd about £79 again, so the £349 option isn't bad. I'm hoping to purchase the £349 plan on monthly payments, once my dealer has worked out how to do it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’ve just been quoted £811 !!! for a three year plan by Mazda Braintree. Sent a screenshot of the Mazda price list. Waiting for a response on what the extra costs are?
Do you get the oil and filter changed for that :). I purchased mine from Donalds in Bury St Edmunds for £349 and as it's a Mazda service plan then you should be able to do this but get the car serviced at Braintree, if they can't quote the proper price.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts