Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I had an issue with the 12v battery running flat a few months ago, but thought this was resolved with a software update. I did a couple of long journeys over the weekend, left the car on Monday, but on Tuesday the 12v battery was dead. Nothing was left on or plugged in, although not sure you can even do that. The battery has been checked and it's OK, so something is draining it and it's now at the dealers to investigate but wondered if anyone else has had similar issues? On a plus side I managed to use the key to open the car, which is a bit tricky when trying to pull the handle at the same time. Also noted that only one key fob holds the key, so got a bit worried when I opened the one without it in. Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello all. I have collected my car after it was left at the garage for a couple of days, although no fault was found. I was advised that a software update was completed on the car, although the car was also meant to have had an update the week before when it went in for the alarm issue. I note that my software is showing as version 11024, yet 11028 appears to be the latest version. I've asked the dealer for the exact details of the update, so wait to hear from them.

·
Registered
Mazda
78 Posts
Hi,
If I could add, the software you talk about is the Mazda Connect infotainment system and yes the Dealer should have updated to 11028 for MX-30 EU as this is the latest and has been out for awhile now.

However there are many more updates which are system updates and controls associated with the car and can Only be updated at the Dealer Via MDARS (Mazda Diagnostic And Repair Software) on their Windows PC and Via a Passthrough unit called a Bosch Mazda VCM II, running this diagnostics should pick up any outdated or modified software that Japan has done to rectify all the many electronic components on their cars.
Unfortunately for Customer it is difficult to know what exactly the Dealer has done and what has been checked, I would ask what was updated and did they run car with MDARS? as they clearly did not update CMU (Mazda Connect), there is also a separate Driver update for the TCU (see my threads here in forum), do you use the MyMazda App on your phone? because if they have not updated the TCU Driver to Version 10003 this would not be working as intended.

IF you are Computer savvy and use a Windows PC and have a small USB Flash Drive of about 16GB then you could update the Connect files to 11028 and also the TCU to 10003 update.

I don't suggest this will fix flat 12V battery but clearly some parasitic draw down is happening.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi @ASH8 and thanks for the reply. I do use the app and hope I had the update a couple of weeks ago. I had further updates through the MDRS system to the PCM (power train control module), VCM (vehicle control module) IC (instrument cluster) and BCM (body control module), which have hopefully resolved the battery issue. The car is due a service soon so may wait until then to get the 11028 update. Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts