Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
MX-30
46 Posts
agreed there is a lot of wasted space under the bonnet and Mazda could have easily added a cheap vacuum formed plastic tray to cover the whole engine and give us some space. I tired to register to the german forum to see the pics, but did not work. If someone can post some solutions here would be welcome. On the other hand my main concern is about the practicality. As this was not meant to the a frunk, the opening lever is under the steering wheel and there are no gas lifters for the bonnet either. Personally I store the cable under the trunk mat (I have no subwoofer there, so easier!). I would suggest for the ones with the subwoofer to check if they can cut a hole in the foam insert or chop out a part of it (carefull as this supports the trunk mat on the sides). Those foams are shaped to contain the tyre repair kit and the subwoofer, but if you remove both (one is screwed as covers an EV component) there is space for a TYRE there! so maybe working on the foam insert would be a better attempt (and much more practical in terms of accessibility for the cables). On the other hand the frunk would be still handy for other stuff used less frequently (the tyre repair kit for example).

out of interest - has anyone tried to fix the original mazda cable bag in the "frunk" somehow? that might be the quick and dirty solution too.

I have found some "horse grooming boxes" in decathlon that might be fit for purpose, but still need to take some measures... will keep you posted!

Product Bag Travel Font Magenta

·
Registered
MX-30
46 Posts
adding some picture to the above comment.
on the back - if you remove the whole foam insert (the one closest to the opening) you will find a massive space available there. I know some of you have the subwoofer - also pay attention this holds the boot mat in place (so something should be made to keep this in place). Another solution to increase under boot capacity would be to modify the other piece of foam. As you can see the left side is pure foam (useless) and more space can be created there. Still on the MX-30 without subwoofer there is plenty of space to store the charging cables there (and lots of other bits!) - Mazda should have placed the subwoofer in the top half and shaped differently the bottom half foam, as again plenty of wasted space. All tools are displayed as if they were in a window shop - they could all be in a pouch and plenty of space would be free for other compartments.
Automotive tire Product Bumper Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

Trigger Automotive exterior Rectangle Bumper Technology

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle

21 - 22 of 22 Posts