Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Picked up my new MX-30 GT Sport on 3 Sept. Went for the Soul Red tri-colour. Loving it!!! My only problem was when I came to charge it for first time. Car charging port was not locking on to the charge cable. Car ended up back at dealership on 5 Sept, and I got it back on 7 Sept. Turns our there was an error in the car computer, which was causing the problem. They did a patch, and all is good now.
I was very excited about getting my new car, and the fact it was an EV, which I've not had before. Not being able to charge it, really put a dampner on things, and caused high anxiety (& tempers) in my house last Sunday!!!
All is sorted now, and I'm feeling really good about the decision to go electric. Have gone from a CX-5 to a MX-30. For me & my wife, it has been the right decision, as we are not doing the mileage that we were doing pre-Covid, and we wanted to go electric as it's the right thing to do. Interesting to read how others are finding their MX-30s etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all. Picked up my new MX-30 GT Sport on 3 Sept. Went for the Soul Red tri-colour. Loving it!!! My only problem was when I came to charge it for first time. Car charging port was not locking on to the charge cable. Car ended up back at dealership on 5 Sept, and I got it back on 7 Sept. Turns our there was an error in the car computer, which was causing the problem. They did a patch, and all is good now.
I was very excited about getting my new car, and the fact it was an EV, which I've not had before. Not being able to charge it, really put a dampner on things, and caused high anxiety (& tempers) in my house last Sunday!!!
All is sorted now, and I'm feeling really good about the decision to go electric. Have gone from a CX-5 to a MX-30. For me & my wife, it has been the right decision, as we are not doing the mileage that we were doing pre-Covid, and we wanted to go electric as it's the right thing to do. Interesting to read how others are finding their MX-30s etc.
Ours comes on the 23rd. Same model and colour. Looking forward to it

fred

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello,
Had mine since mid June and I am really pleased I went electric. Once the home charger (32A) was fitted it made things even better. I have an EV tariff from Bulb which means I only pay 5p/kWh from 0200-0600 which is always enough time to charge the car.
Needless to say the reduction in 'fuel' costs has been huge.
I shall not be going back to ICE now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts