Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Picked up my new MX-30 GT Sport on 3 Sept. Went for the Soul Red tri-colour. Loving it!!! My only problem was when I came to charge it for first time. Car charging port was not locking on to the charge cable. Car ended up back at dealership on 5 Sept, and I got it back on 7 Sept. Turns our there was an error in the car computer, which was causing the problem. They did a patch, and all is good now.
I was very excited about getting my new car, and the fact it was an EV, which I've not had before. Not being able to charge it, really put a dampner on things, and caused high anxiety (& tempers) in my house last Sunday!!!
All is sorted now, and I'm feeling really good about the decision to go electric. Have gone from a CX-5 to a MX-30. For me & my wife, it has been the right decision, as we are not doing the mileage that we were doing pre-Covid, and we wanted to go electric as it's the right thing to do. Interesting to read how others are finding their MX-30s etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all. Picked up my new MX-30 GT Sport on 3 Sept. Went for the Soul Red tri-colour. Loving it!!! My only problem was when I came to charge it for first time. Car charging port was not locking on to the charge cable. Car ended up back at dealership on 5 Sept, and I got it back on 7 Sept. Turns our there was an error in the car computer, which was causing the problem. They did a patch, and all is good now.
I was very excited about getting my new car, and the fact it was an EV, which I've not had before. Not being able to charge it, really put a dampner on things, and caused high anxiety (& tempers) in my house last Sunday!!!
All is sorted now, and I'm feeling really good about the decision to go electric. Have gone from a CX-5 to a MX-30. For me & my wife, it has been the right decision, as we are not doing the mileage that we were doing pre-Covid, and we wanted to go electric as it's the right thing to do. Interesting to read how others are finding their MX-30s etc.
Ours comes on the 23rd. Same model and colour. Looking forward to it

fred

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello,
Had mine since mid June and I am really pleased I went electric. Once the home charger (32A) was fitted it made things even better. I have an EV tariff from Bulb which means I only pay 5p/kWh from 0200-0600 which is always enough time to charge the car.
Needless to say the reduction in 'fuel' costs has been huge.
I shall not be going back to ICE now.

·
Registered
MX 30 100 year anniversary
47 Posts
Hi Newish member here. Had MX 30 a week now. Went for the 100 anniversary. Beautiful car taking me a while to work out where & what different switches do. Home charger however is a big problem, my dealer have sacked new motion mid stream, we’re a problem from day 1. Now I find grid supplier needs to dig up & put in a new supply as mine is looped, 8 to 10 weeks. Then I have to find a new home charger supplier & installer. Mazda have offered £500.00 refund, problem is this does not cover the cost, Mazda sold the car to me with free home charger. This info is not given to prospective buyers which is wrong. Not sure what to do now. Any thoughts anyone.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Who is your energy supplier? Some suppliers like Octopus only charge £399 for a wall charger ( currently £199 for existing customers) so have a look around first. Also (if you don't have one already) Smart meters open up a world of special overnight charging rates

I am also awaiting SSE digging up the pavement and my pattern imprinted concrete driveway (nightmare) because my house is also looped, 8 - 10 weeks is the stuff of dreams for me! Good luck.

·
Registered
MX 30 100 year anniversary
47 Posts
Hi Thebriggie yes I’m now thinking octopus as I am a customer. They are coming to put in smart meters tomorrow. Apparently to get their special rates you need to have their smart meters. Well at least it’s a start. Mmmm I think Mazda U.K. dumped New Motion. It looks like New Motion used a lot of contractors in different areas but couldn’t keep up with demand. Although I really like the car I think Mazda need to be more honest when they sell the car. Similar problem as you although not quite as bad but they have to dig front garden, then across the pavement, then across a wide grass verge & then across to the other side of the road. I suppose the only good thing is that it’s all free. I was also thinking that ENW shouldn’t have taken short cuts when the hoses were built. Oh well we are where we are, wish you all the best & hopefully it will all come good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts