Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of an updated family & work situation, 2 months ago I traded in my MX-5 ND 2.0 for an MX-30 First Edition (2020 w. 10K KM). It was a bit of a gamble (considering the range), but so far it worked out quite nicely. My gf mainly uses this car and already 5K KM is added.
Charging capabilities are numerous where I live, so with a bit of planning it is definitely doable to cover some distance. For longer ranges, we take my BMW G21 (330i).

Like:
-> Fits a family (vs. only 2 persons in the MX-5)
-> Design, it looks cool
-> Interior, see above
-> Up-to-date features (adaptive CC, safety)

Dislike
-> Range (more would be more convenient, but I understand it would make the car with these qualities way more expensive)
-> Having to manually release Parking brake, reset auto-hold + other settings
-> Not as planted in corners vs the BMW ;-)
-> Audio (standard-system) could use a little more bass

·
Registered
781 Posts
You should not need to release the parking brake it's automatic when you press the accelerator?

Activating autohold each time you start the car is a habit you do get used to...eventually

As for other settings?

Alan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should not need to release the parking brake it's automatic when you press the accelerator?

Activating autohold each time you start the car is a habit you do get used to...eventually

As for other settings?

Alan
Maybe I am doing something wrong with the parking brake...
With other settings: e.g. HUD position, lane-departure OFF (really hate this safety feature)

·
Registered
781 Posts
You can adjust and save hud position and save it in the seat memory.

Lane departure is a love or hate function. I am in the former and now indicate more.

As for handbrake make sure you have the seat belt on or you need to depress the brake pedal and then the switch to allow movement.

Alan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Somehow I now

As for other settings?

Alan
Indeed the parking brake releases automatically when I first press the brake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts