Mazda MX-30 Forum banner

Hi from the UK

260 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  kevancroft.kc
Hi everyone,

I've just received my long awaited Mazda MX-30 Makoto. I'm keen to learn more about the car and about personal experiences people have had so far with this car.

Dennis

See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
HI, very nice in white. I have only had mine for a few weeks but loving it so far. Only thing I have found a bit quirky is the climate contol. On Auto, if it is raining the windows steam up. Others have said the just leave theirs on windscreen and feet outlets with fan speed 2 all the time and not on auto. On auto it also seems to be all or nothing going from blowing out hot then quickly switching to cool, not as unobtrosive as other vehicle's climate controls I have had. But not a major thing. The estimated mileage is very accurate I have found, not a big guessometer as most other EV drivers find in their cars. I know the weather/temperature is about ideal at the moment but we are getting about 130 - 135 miles range on a 100% charge. Mostly we are only charging to 80% as we only need 30 - 40 miles most days. The car is great for longer journeys as well as it is extremly comfortable and relaxing to drive. Hope you enjoy it. Andy
See less See more
Reactions: 1
Thanks Andy, i've seen very few MX-30's around where i live, perhaps the odd one. we're quite a large family (3 young girls) so i'm not sure the MX-30 will work for us on longer journeys, but for daily driving it seems absolutely fantastic so far. We've got 18 solar panels meeting our home's electical needs, as well as a large capacity home battery, but we still push about 30-ish kwh/day back on to the grid. This is why i wanted this car, mainly to utilise the spare electricity in a smart way, and completely eliminate fuel costs-so far it looks like it's a winner.
We have 20 solar panels and we are getting nearly all our travel for free at the moment with a bit of sunshine. We had ours fitted for free with the installing company getting all the tariff on our unused generation going back to the grid. Unfortunately for them most of what is generated is going into our car now. But nothing in the contract with them says we can't have an E.V. So a win win for us, wish I had bought my Mazda 2 years ago. I could have bought a used Leaf cheap from work as one was coming to the end of its period with them, but after having a test drive in the MX30 I lost all interest in the Leaf.
Hello, and welcome to this forum !
Good choice ! (y)
That's a good set-up too. In hindsight i wish the V2G/V2H capabilities were a bit more developed. Would be amazing to use the car as a "driving home battery". My current home battery can deliver about 3.6 kW of power at any time into the house, but it seems we do go over that, so would be great if the car could deliver a few Kw's to the house too-when needed. Unfortunately-the MX-30 doesn't have Vehicle to Home/Grid capabilities
Reactions: 1
1 - 7 of 7 Posts