Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
789 Posts
I honestly thought that the battery cooling was automatic. It does state you have to stop the car and put the car in park. It also recommended having it plugged in and charging as the battery cooling system (reverse heat pump action) draws from the HV batteries. I assume that is not your experience?

Battery cooling
If the high voltage battery temperature reaches 40 ႏ (104 ႔) or higher after driving the vehicle, it is possible to cool the high voltage battery while the vehicle is parked for maintaining a long high voltage battery life.
If the Excessive Battery Temperature notification is displayed on the centre display after completing a trip, select Start to operate the battery cooling.
NOTE
Because the electrical power of the high voltage battery is used by the battery
cooling, we recommend that the charge connector is connected to the vehicle while
the battery cooling is operating, when parked in a location where charging is available

I don't know what Start means in the handbook never having experienced it perhaps you can help

Alan

· Registered
789 Posts
Gary, user manual section 3-18 and 3 -19

Perhaps the stop is only recommended at the end of your journey. During your journey I would suspect that acceleration etc. would be restricted to protect the batteries. Interesting to hear what the Mazda guys tell you as I thought cooling clicked in when driving like an ICE car and only warned you when the cooling system could not cope.

Alan

· Registered
789 Posts
Gary, when you have to cool the battery down do you have to do anything relating to the Start function as per the handbook or does it start automatically? Or have you not had to do it yet?

I am trying to understand what Start means in the cooling bit of 3-19🤔

Alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.