Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
Needless to say, I have never had the opportunity to put a volt meter across Swedish mains but I think they have 220/400 supply. So, on a single phase, 220v x 10a = 2.2kW. UK uses highest voltage in Europe at 240 volts nominal.

Registered
MX 30 AC charges single phase, as you ve already pointed out, which is not standard in this part of world. Figgeman my Wallbox for dummies understanding is that it should charge 11 kW/3=3,66 kW. Our id3 can charge 11 kW but here is the deal ladies and gentlemen Then then the rest of the house is not happy馃槩
Fuses start causing problems etc. So in real life charge the id3 at around 7 kW. Does the difference in pace make a huge difference? As you can easily charge the dude from Hiroshima overnight it does not really matter. Good enough. Works just fine.

A side note: Toyota/Subaru is starting to sell bz4x/Solterra next year But. The 11 kW AC charging gets to Sweden later it sounds as though its sold with a different onboard charger initially?!?! This is super confusing for folks.

In conclusion: At least for us 7 kW at home is all you need. For away from home AC charging why not 22 kW, the higher the better for mobility. What do you guys think?

Registered
Mazda MX-30, 09-2020
If you only have one car (the MX30) to charge, it is bad advice from the seller to offer you a 3 phase 11 Kw charger. As already mentioned in the other posts, you can only use 1 phase to charge the MX30.

To my knowledge, there is no difference between the Danish power grid and the Swedish, which means that you will probably mostly have 230-235 Volts available with a 16 Amp fuse in your installation.

The best thing you can do if you want a faster charge is to ask if you can have your Wall Box replaced with a phase distributor charger that can combine 2 phases to 1 phase. The power can be taken from a 3 phase / 16 Amp fuse group which is found in all common installations.

With a phase distributor charger you will typically be able to charge with 25-27 Amp which then gives approx. 14 amp consumption per phase. This means that the risk of overloading the fuses is minimized.

I myself use a phase distributor charger and it works incredibly well, as it is unfortunately not allowed in Denmark to have 32 Amp sockets in a normal household installation.

Steen

Registered
Great info Steen 馃檹 mange tak. We already had the 11 kW charger and it works for the MX 30 too no worries. This market right now is pretty immature and in the future this will be standardized for sure.

Registered
Mx-30 dec 2020 luxury polymetal grey
In the netherlands iv got a wallbox pulsar (3-fase version), it allows u in the app to determine how many Amp u want to load with. It has loadbalancing too. At max 25A one fase 230 it loads max with 6.3Kw. Im happy with that.

Attachments

Registered
That is a thing of beauty.
Its great for the hoi polloi such as myself in the periphery of Europe to see whats possible in the richer parts of the continent. 馃憤

Registered
That is a thing of beauty.
Its great for the hoi polloi such as myself in the periphery of Europe to see whats possible in the richer parts of the continent. 馃憤
And im happy to see that this mighty unique Mazda is appreciated in the daring northern snowy cold regions of europe.
(richer? Dont know)

Registered
This Mazda does well in winter or a lot better than expected.Range is affected but its not too bad. A colleague who drives a Tesla talks about losing half the range in winter. Did 130 km in minus twelve with heating obviously. Two kiddies, one big dog, the better half, a cooked gigantic turkey and loads of gear. We are in the market for a bigger EV or PHEV but dont know what to get. Oh well. Til then the intended second car, the Mazda, is a rock馃憤馃榾.

Registered
This Mazda does well in winter or a lot better than expected.Range is affected but its not too bad. A colleague who drives a Tesla talks about losing half the range in winter. Did 130 km in minus twelve with heating obviously. Two kiddies, one big dog, the better half, a cooked gigantic turkey and loads of gear. We are in the market for a bigger EV or PHEV but dont know what to get. Oh well. Til then the intended second car, the Mazda, is a rock馃憤馃榾.
good to Gear, i had 140km range minus 2. That's almost springtemp in Zweden 馃榿. Sister in law and her husband ordered an ioniq 5, 1kid. That should do it, although price wise...

Registered
Tempted by the EQS but its way too pricey. Loads of space for the family. CEO is Swedish. Looks a bit like a Saab from behind. These things matter.
In Brunei or Switzerland all doctors drive EQS for sure.馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ
Gonna end up w a beat up thirsty Volvo estate...

Registered
My brother has one of our little Mazdas though it is undergoing repair due to a rear end shunt. His mate has an EQS but is very disappointed with it for a number of reasons. One of those is that the range is decimated in our relatively mild winter. Rarely gets below -5C here and often above zero even at night.

Registered
Milkfloat guessing this has a lot to do with expectations. EQS is very expensive and with high expectations comes the risk of disappointment. With the Mazda EV we have all heard that the range is too poor, its too weird, too quirky etc.

Many of us have discovered it makes a terrific daily driver. The Mazda is very easy to like. My daughter absolutely adores it. Those suicide doors go down well with kids it seems. When you pay perhaps as much as four times as much.. . Others on the forum tell me we will not see a proper bigger family EV from Mazda for years. 馃槩

Registered
Mazda MX-30, 09-2020
It's always a pleasure to read your posts. As it is usually a little warmer in Denmark than at our Nordic neighbors, we can drive a little longer. Until now this winter (-5 to 10 degrees) it has been possible to drive about 160-170 km, however without a turkey in the trunk I must admit.

When I am asked by friends and family how we dared to buy an EV with such a small range, I always ask them how often they need a range over 160-180 km per day - most of the time I do not really get an answer.

By the way, one of my friends just got his Porche Taycan and yes he does not have that much power in the winter either, plus he has got some of the same fun software issues that we have seen with VW models. He says it has its very own life - I still love my MX30 and I actually do not think we are the ones with the most problems.

Registered
Still traumatized by all the trouble we've had with a leased id3. Luckily the better half is less sensitive and is not freaked out by the constant flow of new warnings, alerts and asking you to contact your VW service center immediately.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts