Mazda MX-30 Forum banner

Multiple breakdowns

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  bglick97 
Hello and glad to hear I'm not the only one. My car has been into the dealers 3 times now for the 12v issue, which was raised last April, but still no solution. I've had to call out Mazda Assist 6 times now and I can't even leave the car open (but not on) to clean it without the battery going flat! It seems to be worse in the winter, so not sure if it's related to battery heating, although I appreciate its the main battery which does the heating but the 12v might monitor it. There was an update to the software for the 12v battery draining around March/April last year, but I was informed that my car had already had this when it was built the previous June.

I forgot to mention that I can't see the 12v issue being an easy fix and other Mazda models seems to be suffering from the a similar problem. The dealer will need to find the drain first, then refer to Mazda, who will then need to replicate the issue and then provide a software update. Judging from previous updates they can take many months to get released.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.