Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Bristol UK.

I've recently taken on a Tri-Tone GT Sport Tech. Happy with the car thus far however I'm having charging issues.

I'm using the standard 3-pin charger as I haven't installed a dedicated chargepoint at home yet. Every time I connect the car up, it will charge about 3-4% and then bring up a "charging was interrupted error" after about 30min. I need to come out unplug the cable and plug it back in. After that, car will charge OK to 100%.... this has happened every single time... car has now done about 500 miles..... I don't know if it is the SW on the car, or the charger itself? It' an annoying issue, would like to just plug in and forget! Has anyone else experienced this sort of issue?

Best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Suggest that you refer back to your dealer. Iam using same charging cable as you for the same reason and haven't experienced the problem that you have. To my non technical mind it may be some sort of software issue which from reading different posts seems to cause a variety of issues with the MX-30 . Alternatively your dealer should be able to replace charger cable if that is at fault .
Have you also tried charging via another source using the other cable supplied? If you get same issue it would suggest software or possibly hardware issue with car.
Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got my hands on another MX-30 for a week and the same happened on that one. So I don't think it is the car..... Got my car back yesterday, plugged it into a different socket I've got outside the house and it charged OK. Maybe a gremlin in the other socket.... I'll charge it again early next week and report if that was indeed the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts