Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I am sure most of us are, I'm a first time electric car owner so unsure if this is just a 'thing' or a fault.
Charged car from empty on Sunday. Great. Pick up from charger with 122 miles. Drive home (under 1 mile) - stays on 122 and I go inside.
Later I go back out to drive into Southampton which is circa 2 miles. As I start car I notice it's on 100 miles (22 miles simply disappeared), and by the time I get to Southampton it's on 82 - 18 gone for a 4 mile journey.
Come home and immediately go back out for a drive. Come back an hour later with 110 miles range.

Baffled....

·
Registered
2022 Mazda MX-30 EV
40 Posts
Yes temperature can affect range! I'm assuming maybe the temperature in your area was fluctuating? Cold weather dramatically drops range in EV's. I'm coming from a Chevrolet Bolt EV and in the winter months I would lose almost 100 miles in range! Kinda crazy. Not sure if that's what you're experiencing or if maybe you have some technical difficulties that you need to have checked out. Just thought I'd share that cold weather does in fact affect range in all EV's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you turn on the heating? Doing so, as soon as you press the button or even just if you want to defog the windshield, will cut significantly the expected remaining range.

Other explanation is that you were driving faster or with more accelerations than the previous drive, and the forecasted range adapted based on your most recent driving style.

Of course also InLoveWithMX-30 is right, the cold temperature can heavily affect the range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts