Mazda MX-30 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
109km so 68 miles. This was the worst I saw during the YouTube videos I watched. So I based my usage off that number to see if it would fit my life

·
Registered
14 Posts
109km so 68 miles. This was the worst I saw during the YouTube videos I watched. So I based my usage off that number to see if it would fit my life
Oh well, in that case you won’t be disappointed then.
With all the criticism I gave the car regarding the battery heater, it’s still a fantastic car.
The quality of the car is like that of a top of the range Audi, Mercedes or BMW. The quality materials in the car are stunning for a car in that price range. Are you based in Ireland?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Oh well, in that case you won’t be disappointed then.
With all the criticism I gave the car regarding the battery heater, it’s still a fantastic car.
The quality of the car is like that of a top of the range Audi, Mercedes or BMW. The quality materials in the car are stunning for a car in that price range. Are you based in Ireland?
Yes based in Ireland and waiting on the RHD models to arrive. Should be another 3 weeks from what the dealer told me. But I have already bought the car just waiting

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes based in Ireland and waiting on the RHD models to arrive. Should be another 3 weeks from what the dealer told me. But I have already bought the car just waiting
Being in a milder climate in Ireland the MX30 will suit your needs. Funny enough my daughter lives near Killarney having moved there from Oz. Not that many EV’s in Ireland as yet compared to Norway who have 61% of all new cars registered being pure EV’s. In fact it may even be more.
The sale of all new diesel, petrol and Hybrids will come to an end as from 2025 in Norway, which is less than 5 years away. The MX30 with a petrol range extender won’t be available then. Mazda didn’t do their homework properly. Welcome to the EV club. Once driven electric you will never look back. We’re Into our 6th year now. Good luck 😊. Kind regards Bob

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Being in a milder climate in Ireland the MX30 will suit your needs. Funny enough my daughter lives near Killarney having moved there from Oz. Not that many EV’s in Ireland as yet compared to Norway who have 61% of all new cars registered being pure EV’s. In fact it may even be more.
The sale of all new diesel, petrol and Hybrids will come to an end as from 2025 in Norway, which is less than 5 years away. The MX30 with a petrol range extender won’t be available then. Mazda didn’t do their homework properly. Welcome to the EV club. Once driven electric you will never look back. We’re Into our 6th year now. Good luck 😊. Kind regards Bob
Thanks :) I did my homework and I am not too worried. I have been shopping for a 2nd ICE car for road trips around Europe and weekend holidays. Going to be something that I can take on the track as well.

Not really sure about EV sales in Ireland but I do feel they are on the rise. Ireland is normally behind on most things EV progression is no different haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everybody
I am new to this forum for EV enthusiasts, and owner of a MX 30 from November 2020. I noticed almost all of the issues discussed above. Charging issues fixed with software update,but the worst of all the range is dissapoiting for driving outside cities. I am using my car for daily commute around 70 /day, winter time by us in Romania around 0-10 degrees sometimes 3-4 below 0. Battery is charged to 90% according to Mazda saying that is not good for battery to be charged to 100%, starting in the morning the heater and loosing with that another 5% from battery, so with 85% and 140 km range displayed by the car the real range is arround 100km or even less. The MX 30 is clearly a city car otherwise for a safe journey between cities you have to count to recharge every 100 km. Mazda needs to fix the cockpit and battery heating issue when the car is plugged in to use electricity from mains not from battery.
Otherwise the car is very pleasant to drive,good acceleration, I need to keep always an eye on the speed dial because its very quiet and you feel so natural even at high speeds,so it is very easy to pass the speed limit.
I wish you all to enjoy your car and hopefully Mazda will do it s best to fix the issues!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You can charge to 100% don't be silly. What is not recommended is charging to 100% and letting the car sit for a few days... Nothing wrong with charging to 100% the night before you use the car the next day :).

21 - 27 of 27 Posts