Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi to everyone, i’m a owner with around 10k km. my mx-30 has begun to charge slowly (about 12kw in fast) [the coldgate I mean]. I read that was proposed a recall campaign by mazda to solve the problem, to you it happened?

· Registered
21 Posts
Hi. My Mazda only charging 7 kw. It was +7 degreas outside. I contacted Mazda and they answer it was beacuse its winter. That means you only can drive Mazda mx30 when its summer and over +20 deagres. They must bee joking.
Yeas well I had one for 4 months and sold it back to the dealer because we live in an extremely hot environment. When the temp got over 100 F then it would overheat the hv battery. Their answer was to stop and plugging it in and run the cooling system. Right try and do that when you are no where near a charger. I bought a hybrid after that but lost 10,000 dollars on the Mazda. Never again

· Registered
15 Posts
Hej alla MX-30 ägare. Mazda har känt till detta problem hela tiden utan att bry sig. "BMS" är orsaken till att inte batteriet tar emot snabbladdning på DC. Jag tolkar det att för att förlänga livstiden på batteriet så dämpar Mazda möjligheten att snabbladda då temperaturen är under 15 grader C. Detta är en ,i mina ögon skandal, om dom informerat att MX-30 endast går att köra max 10-12 mil på vintern. Så hade dom inte sålt många bilar. Har i många år förespråkat Mazdas kvalitét men nu undrar jag om inte dom fått ett hjärnsläpp. Gör om och gör rätt.

· Registered
15 Posts
Hello, This was the answer from Mazda in Sweden

Can only answer generally regarding the MX30 as we do not have any specific information about your car..

Mazda indicates 40kW as the maximum charge rate, this is achieved as a peak at 58% SOC at plus 25 degrees and ignition off. Many fast chargers offer faster charging speeds than the MX-30 can handle, but it doesn't make sense to use chargers with power over 50 kW as the MX-30 in practice gets a maximum of 35-36 kW under optimal conditions. Note that the stated charging time of approximately 40 minutes from 20-80% is at plus 25 degrees battery temperature, the actual charging time increases significantly at lower temperatures. It is therefore not possible to say what the normal charging power is as it varies greatly.

It is important that the battery is warm before fast charging begins. This is best achieved by driving actively and using regeneration the last stretch before charging if possible. Distance driven does not affect the battery's heat that much because careful driving does not generate that much heat. A load is required to create heat in the battery. The best thing is that the temperature needle should stand straight out, then it is about 20 degrees in the battery. Of course, this is not always possible and then charging takes longer than specified.

Fast charging works best between about 10% and up to 80%. Fast charging above 80% is slower so not recommended. Peak charging from 60-70% is not as efficient as it is slow, it is best to plan for fast charging when the battery starts to run low. This applies to all electric cars.

As you already know, an update has arrived which makes it possible to activate "Cold mode", this controls the battery heater slightly earlier, which causes the basic temperature in the battery to be slightly higher, which can have a certain positive effect with DC charging, even charging speed which is specified at 25 degrees not achieved.

Optimally, it would have been to control the water heater even harder, but then the energy in the battery would have been "eaten up" by the power taken out by the battery heater, which affects the range negatively.

If, despite this information, you believe that you have a fault with your car, contact your workshop for further consultation.

Greetings/Best regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts