Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Dennis, I am struggling to see what the phone app has to do with your charging problem? I assumed rightly or wrongly you were just plugging the car in to charge manually. If this assumption is correct the app does not get involved unless you are asking for status updates.

The car and charger are in direct communication without the app being involved if you are manually charging. You do not need the app to charge the car.

Am I missing something?

I do believe there are some app issues but it is unclear if it is the app, the central server software or the car at this moment in time.

Alan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Alan, I agree completely with you I don't see the connection as well. That the car won't charge is not a app issue. I will do what you suggested I'm going to charge on different places to see what happens. The app reported yesterday evening 56 times that the chargesession was completed. Maybe they think that chargesession is still running while app says differently. It will take some time to see what happens.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Alen, The problem was caused by the app thats my conclusion after a view days. Charging is working well again so Mazda was right. Probably the app send a message to the car charging yes/no and then the car started to charge or stop charging. I removed the app and installed it again and everything worked fine. Maybe you can tell me if Mazda has updates on air. Thanks for your support during this issue

·
Registered
746 Posts
Mazda has the ability to do OTA on mazdaconnect system but not the car software or the satnav sd card.

Interesting re app. I didn't think the phone app was proactive when the car was charging. I though the car talked to the charger via the signalling to keep the charger connected and charging. If anything happens the car tells the mazda server which in turn informs the phone app of the change in status. You don't need the app to charge the car so why communicate re charging? If the app is holding a server connection somehow and communicates during charge that opens up a whole new ball game!

I also wonder if force stopping the app instead of removal and re-install would have the same effect?

Thanks for the update and glad you are charging fine now.

I wonder if Mazda will inform all owners of this potential issue proactively as if they are aware of it they should be bloody telling us!!!!...excuse the language but Mazda are frustrating me with the lack of outward communication especially on their first ev. We are all registered with the app so communication should not be an issue.

Alan

·
Registered
2021 Advantage Red with black roof and grey contrasting pillars
57 Posts
After 3 months of no problem charging (13A), it suddenly didn't continue for more then 20 minutes. So I moved the car from that location, to another with a complete other mains.
We have a guesthouse with its own metering. That is were I used to charge the car. When it didn't ; it worked flawless on the other location where my PHEV charges also.

Next day I tried the PHEV at the guesthouse (10A) , also this didn't work ! So I guess that the 13A induced oxidation/resistance in the wiring feeding that outdoor socket.
We typically have a 'central box' system in the Netherlands. From the fuse box light points in the ceiling are supplied and from there switches and sockets branch out.

So there are a series of connections, where wires effectively make surface contact. With 13A this can cause oxidation (its high grade copper wiring), that generates resistance.

So what I plan to do is make a new outdoor socket, that is on a separate 3x 2,5 mm cable direct from the fuse box.

This will take some time. But I'm pretty sure that is the cause. I thought of using the charger of the PHEV, since it doesn't matter if it takes 8 or 10 hours to charge to me.

·
Registered
Mazda
78 Posts
Appears it is the brand(s) of AC Chargers/Adapters..
There is a software fix from Mazda..
See thread..

21 - 29 of 29 Posts