Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

· Registered
2021 Advantage Red with black roof and grey contrasting pillars
74 Posts
With high petrol prices and 'free' electricity from my panels, I drive carefully in the PHEV and 'hammer' the MX30.

Maximum range with 100% charge is now.. ..170km.. :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
54 Posts
Hi i was wondering how efficiënt u drive with ur mx-30. What are the real overall numbers (I understand all the different situations from different drivers from different countries)?

To start with: 15,4Kwh/100km was my best effort, 100 kmpu cruise control, 25 degrees celcius Netherlands, flat tarmac, no wind over 70km distance.

Overall efficiency 15.7Kwh/100km after 7 months 13000km.

Real Summer range 20-30 dgrs celcius: 200km max.
Real winter range -5+7170km max.
View attachment 687 View attachment 688
I get on average 15.5 in Summer, 15.8 in winter. However, driving on secondary roads the consumption is only about 11-12 KhH/100 Km, a bit more in Winter. On highways it may go to about 16 in Summer and 17-18 in Winter.

· Registered
54 Posts
Hi,

My overall average efficiency is 14.4KWh/Km. This is the average since I bought it at the end of last year and I did 17300Km. I use the heating or the air conditioning a lot but I rarely use the highway.
View attachment 714
Best regards,,
Marco
Yes, there is a huge difference between driving 100 km/h and 80 km/h (or less). But that is true for any car, we just do not notice this so much in a petrol car.

· Registered
MX-30 Makoto Machine Grey Metallic
136 Posts
Most of the "slowness" is in the 0-10, I find if you get a rolling start its pretty quick
This seems to have been a conscious decision by Mazda to limit starting torque. If you switch off TCS and regen off (right paddle to off), then it’s easy to wheel spin…
The MX-30 just doesn’t have enough weight over the front wheels for hard acceleration from stationary.

My efficiency is 3.4 miles per kWh, and that includes me occasionally having “a bit of fun”.

· Registered
74 Posts
I have just brought an MX-30. Is it ok to use Tesla chargers?
Hi Rhonda. Yes, you can use any charger the plug fits. The system in the car 'talks' to the charger and sets the max current.
Depending on ambient temperature you can charge from 20-80% 'rapid'. Above that is slows down. And all of this only if ambient is above roughly 15C.

The lower the temperature, the lower the charging speed. But please read other threads, otherwise everything gets repeated every time someone new appears.. :sneaky:

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi Rhonda. Yes, you can use any charger the plug fits. The system in the car 'talks' to the charger and sets the max current.
Depending on ambient temperature you can charge from 20-80% 'rapid'. Above that is slows down. And all of this only if ambient is above roughly 15C.

The lower the temperature, the lower the charging speed. But please read other threads, otherwise everything gets repeated every time someone new appears.. :sneaky:
Thank you

· Registered
74 Posts
In 22 driven bit more than 24000 km, and the average consumption was 13,7 kWh/100 km.
Then I think you mainly drive in urban areas or roads not faster then 70kmph ?

My exprience is at a speed :

50kmph : you loose 0.8 km range per km
80kmph : its 1:1
100kmph : its 1.2 per km driven.

So to go more then 180/200km range, you need to drive slow..

41 - 60 of 62 Posts