Mazda MX-30 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mazda executives said they did it to make the MX-30 ‘feel more like a gas car’ and continued to explain that “Mazda’s engineers have also tuned the torque delivery of the MX-30’s electric motor to be less frenetic than is often the case with EVs, reasoning that they want the MX-30 to feel less like a dramatic change from a typical internal combustion engine vehicle.”

If you want more, don't expect it as Mazda also says they will never build a 'big-battery' EV.

Did Mazda make the right call here, because think its crazy they limited themselves!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't know why Mazda is doing this, especially by saying they won't make a big battery EV. I think this is going to deter a lot of customers that want more range.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know why Mazda is doing this, especially by saying they won't make a big battery EV. I think this is going to deter a lot of customers that want more range.
If regular car buyers in densely populated locations is their target, then it works.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The EV is perfect for the Europe market. Unfortunately not for sale persons which does a lot of driving. For me i got this one as a fun car and driving me to work daily. It's perfect for me as i don't need more. Just a waste of battery which i would never need for maybe once or twice a year.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The EV is perfect for the Europe market. Unfortunately not for sale persons which does a lot of driving. For me i got this one as a fun car and driving me to work daily. It's perfect for me as i don't need more. Just a waste of battery which i would never need for maybe once or twice a year.
It does seem like it was designed with European driving in mind. Would the MX-30 be your first EV? Or have you owned others before?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nah, the first ev was a jaguar i-pace. But for me personally to expensive for the range i drive. That made my decision for the MX-30 easier.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nah, the first ev was a jaguar i-pace. But for me personally to expensive for the range i drive. That made my decision for the MX-30 easier.
I haven't driven one before but I've heard good things about it. Do you plan on trading it in for the MX-30?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I already did. Pre-ordered the MX-30. First reveals already happened here yesterday as a concept from the Europe mazda head office. (Leverkusen Germany)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey @ReillyJ ,

Awesome! Great car!
See pictures attached.
Car just feels like a normal car. Driving and steering is completely different with other EV verhicles. I do have videos of driving away and throttle response but can't upload them here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts