Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
well, both service / update and tyre switch to winter/cold temp occured in the same time and I find it difficult to point what caused the range drop. however, before update / snow tires I was averaging 17-17.5kWh, now I am averaging 27-30kWh, same routes, same driving style. I find the increase quite high and higher than last winter… do you average similar consumption in winter conditions? thanks!
Alex there is something amiss, not right here. In summer average 14.2 and right now in winter 17. Mixed countryside, city, highway. Typically climate set at 18 to 19.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It seems to me really strange. I am having 1,3 liter of petrol equivalent /100 km in city with my home chargings, even in winter time with heatings. Can not notice any range differences after update. Temperatures during winter here between -7 C and +13 C. What is yours ?
After update I have reset my trip computer and currently the energy consumption average is 26.5-30kWh / 100km. My electricity tariff @home is 0.18euro/kWh and the new DC tariff for public chargers has been announced for 2022 @0.5 euro/kWh. so at an average at 28kWh I spend 5euro for 100km - home charging, which buys me 5 of petrol. If you count energy loss during charging and if I preheat the cabin the average consumption exceeds 30kWh, which means roughly 6l petrol equivalent for 100km

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
After update I have reset my trip computer and currently the energy consumption average is 26.5-30kWh / 100km. My electricity tariff @home is 0.18euro/kWh and the new DC tariff for public chargers has been announced for 2022 @0.5 euro/kWh. so at an average at 28kWh I spend 5euro for 100km - home charging, which buys me 5 of petrol. If you count energy loss during charging and if I preheat the cabin the average consumption exceeds 30kWh, which means roughly 6l petrol equivalent for 100km
Also, I have used cruise control on a flat surface set it at 85km/h, no wind, the instant consumption in the bar was somewhere around 25-27kWh.
outside temp was -1 to +2or 3 Celsius

before update (and before temp drop, with summer tires) I was averaging 17 kWh for 100km

·
Registered
199 Posts
Also, I have used cruise control on a flat surface set it at 85km/h, no wind, the instant consumption in the bar was somewhere around 25-27kWh.
outside temp was -1 to +2or 3 Celsius

before update (and before temp drop, with summer tires) I was averaging 17 kWh for 100km
Alex consumption is always high initially then comes down. First value 27 kWh/100km is totally normal. What you want to look at is average.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Alex consumption is always high initially then comes down. First value 27 kWh/100km is totally normal. What you want to look at is average.
yep, indeed. this is why I have reset my average 2 weeks ago and since then my average is around 27kWh/100km

·
Registered
199 Posts
Alex do you do a lot of bad ass street racing?
I wish I did but sadly dont. Shifting kiddies, dogs, going to work super ordinary stuff. Allegedly the coolest road in Europe is in Rumania going through mountains to Transylvania or something. Cant remember what its called though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
actually there are two roads, one is Transfagarasan (but the surface is poor) - you can see it in a Top Gear (the real one) episode - and the other is Transaplina - this is amazing, fantastic

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks, Alan.

I don't think I have the AM036A update, since the procedure described in that post does nothing (the light doesn't flash at the end). The car is right now charged to 90% and reports a range of 150km. It says I use an average of 17.2 kWh/100km.

I think this points to some of you guys with shortened range might have the new firmware and the cold mode activated. Have you tried deactivating it?

Speedometer Odometer Car Gauge Automotive design

·
Registered
298 Posts
Trying to see if you can look for it in the service mode desribed in this thread

Alan

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks, Alan.

I don't think I have the AM036A update, since the procedure described in that post does nothing (the light doesn't flash at the end). The car is right now charged to 90% and reports a range of 150km. It says I use an average of 17.2 kWh/100km.

I think this points to some of you guys with sortened range might have the new firmware and the cold mode activated. Have you tried deactivating it?

View attachment 448
Get almost identical numbers to yours in Skåne. Update 100% not installed. 149 km 90% 17,0 kWh/100 km. Assuming it will be updated when doing the 40000 km service in a couple of months. Cant be bothered to do it earlier. Dont use DC charging that often. Interesting to compare numbers with other drivers in similar climate. 👍

·
Registered
18 Posts
Get almost identical numbers to yours in Skåne.
The picture I posted was taken with the heater system switched off. As soon as I switched it on, 19 km were removed from the total range. I switched it off again, and yes, 19 km were added. I don't know how it calculates this; I thought it looks at the current temperature inside the car (it was very cold; I had just got in) and then figured that would take a lot of power to heat.

Driving home when the car was nice and warm, I tried it again. It instantly added 19 km to the range when I switched the heater off, even though it wasn't doing much since the car was already warm. Now I'm thinking it's just a value based on outside temperature. Something like "when the temperature is 3C outside, chop off 19 km of range if the driver switches on heating."

I tried switching Eco mode on and off, but that didn't change anything. Also tried switching AC on and off, and no change there either.

I think the range reported is a minimum, so you'll get the reported range even if you drive with open windows and the heater on full blast. ;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Under Information you find Status high voltage battery. Below consumption. There you see the difference in range with and without heating. Eco is not that great with a lot of air humidity. Dont use eco during winter. Windows often get misty. You get loads of feedback with this car which is great. Love using the app to preheat the cabin in winter with and without power supply.

·
Registered
MX-30 SE-L Lux
52 Posts
I definitely don't have the update and it's not cold here but I currently have 48 miles (77km) at 54% - meaning 88 miles or 141km at 100% charge. I've made several small trips (less than 1 mile) which seem to massively affect the range, going to do 10 miles continuous tomorrow to get the range back up

·
Registered
199 Posts
Range matters for longer trips, right? So keep it charged and be happy. 😀👍With a gas burning car in coldish weather relatively speaking its probably worse with all those short trips. If you need more range once in a while charge it up and go. Look at the state of charge and ignore the guessometer.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Never thought this was connected, but you're right. Not using Eco mode seems to improve the situation with misty windows immensely. Thank you for this tip!
Happy to help. If it is any help. Our house lies more or less right in the middle of a former DK SWE battlefield. So things seem to get better👍😀

21 - 40 of 78 Posts