Mazda MX-30 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
MX-30
46 Posts
Will be gradually rolled out worldwide (being US mainly Apple would not make sense). AA wireless will start selling from stock in March - pilot market will be South Korea (of course!). I guess still few months of wait ahead. Still do not understand why such a device is not made and sold by google themselves. Would sell tons!

·
Registered
MX-30
46 Posts
if interested I have decided to sell my AA wireless. At the end the USB/BT quality is bothering me and I have realised I prefer Mazda map to google maps (HUD being the reason!) and also I am happy with music via BT, the rest can be done via google assistant on the phone. Anyway it is on ebay for the next 7 days - item number is 165270950217 - if you are from this forum I am happy to offer you free shipping - select collect in person at checkout and contact me via PM here! Please remove this post if inappropriate (anyway to be deleted at the end of the auction!)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just a stupid question so apologies. When the device is plugged into the USB does it draw any power when not in use?

Alan

·
Registered
MX-30
46 Posts
so the answer is YES. Unfortunately the 2 "android" usb ports are always on in the MX-30 (and apparently this is common practice - not sure if that changed with the SW update of the battery btw?). In mine MX-30 the 12V "cigarette" outlet shuts off with the ignition, while the 2 USB are always powered. The manufacturer says the power absorbed is minimal and should not affect the battery at all - see link below.

FAQ

To be honest with you there is nothing wrong with the device itself. I am not a big fan of AA in general (either wired or wireless) and I have found the Mazda infotainment completely satisfying my needs without launching AA at all.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Josje, yeh, it was mentioned earlier in this thread. US only at the moment as you probably know but I have registered interest when they ship to Europe...hopefully soon.

Alan

·
Registered
MX-30
46 Posts
An update on motorola. The company behind it is a chinese SMALL manufacturer - SGW Global, also known as Meizhou Guo Wei Electronics Co., Ltd, (which has the licence to use motorola brand on "sound" items - headphones mainly). Despite a massive PR campain on this device (following the launch in the CES 2022) - lots of articles are actually questioning how developed this item is and how many devices will this small company ever manage to ship (considering the chip shortage and the finetuning required - just see where AA wireless is now - despite starting 2 years ago!).

My hope still is that goolge will have an epiphany and realise the potential (apparently at least 100m cars out there with AA wired actively used!) and launch the device themselves (like Chromecast & Co). This could be then sold via google webshop - physical shops (currys etc) and - why not - I would see all car dealers interested in having a small display in their showrooms too. Potentially a massive need out there - currently this gap is filled by amateurs.

BTW - there is also another established manufacturer (Ottocast) working on a similar device - main difference will work with BOTH Apple and Android devices. Despite being a super established company (with multiple devices on the market already) they decided to use indiegogo for this device, trying to steal buyers from AA wireless (nice try!)
My concern on this one - it is bulkier - no app is planned (AA wireless app is gold!) - in the past some ottocast devices were rubbish (based on amazon reviews you can read yourself)

2in1 wireless

21 - 28 of 28 Posts